Ode to the Picotin

There are whites, blacks and a bit of pastels in my wardrobe mainly, so I think it could go with it. But I would like to wear this bag all year, so not sure if that dark color would be good for spring and summer :-s I wish this bag in more neutral color, but it’s hard to get Picotin online in every color, they sell out very quickly :smile: Recently I saw few Picos in beautiful colors on the website, but unfortunately didn’t have luck to grab anyone :sad:

View attachment 5022160

View attachment 5022161

View attachment 5022162
Bleu Orage... new addition to my wishlist! That is seriously beautiful. Thanks for alerting me to these new colors.

Posting some pics of my White Fox linen insert for P18 ($50, took 2 months to arrive). In general I like these thinner inserts primary to protect the interior and had been less worried about support. The base of the insert fits perfectly but as you can see, because of the slouch of the sides of the bag, the insert sides don't sit flush. I'm going to iron the insert which may help the shape fill out, as it was wrinkled on arrival from packaging. But now thinking that I need to get 7RP or perhaps MaiTai anyway as I would like an insert to provide at least a little support for shape, though more $$$$. Anyone have the 7RP?
I have the White Fox insert too. Crazy that yours took so long to arrive! My first White Fox insert took forever to get here, I think it was maybe 2-3 months, but this one came in 3 weeks. I had wrinkles too and I did steam mine on arrival to get them out.

For anyone else interested, I originally planned to get one of the more structural inserts, but I realized I love the look of the bag as if it has nothing inside - i.e. I wanted to be sure it would close as if it's empty/brand new because I just adore that perfect little triangular shape. I also realized my personal priority was to not dent the bag even if that meant slightly reduced functionality, so I opted for this nonstructural insert. It's a good compromise for me.... because it's soft, the insert folds completely with the bag so it's basically invisible. And though the softness means the pockets gape a bit and are slouchy (which I don't love), it's still quite handy to separate small things into pockets so they're not in a jumble in the bottom of the bag. Plus the fact that it provides a lining allows me to pop misc. things in there without worrying about marring or staining the leather.

Also, I customized the size of my White Fox insert:
- I wanted it to be just a hair smaller than the "piping" on the inside base of the bag so that the insert would sit snugly within the piping border and not shift around. I figured making it a tiny bit smaller than the bag wouldn't reduce my usable space by much (maybe a centimeter in each direction at most, since I don't carry a lot this isn't a big deal to me and I can easily still fit a pashmina in there on top of all my normal stuff) but would probably reduce the likelihood the insert would press against the leather and dent the bag.
2. I also knew I wanted a light color insert to avoid color any possible color transfer (and also to make things easy to see within the bag) and since my bag is vert cypres, a light color would be very unattractive to see. Given that, I customized the height to be less tall than the standard insert so that it wouldn't be visible when the bag is closed.

Happy to post more about my insert if anyone is interested.