Ode to the Picotin

My J28 insert doesn’t fit the Pico, if I use the lock, so I have been using my SLGs loose in the bag. Still figuring it out.
Posted this at the bottom of the page by accident. Responding to your post directly :smile: . @Genie27 Hi! I see you have the Capucine epsom Picotin I'm considering. How do you like it? Do you like the Picotin style in the Epsom? I love the color and the detail on the handles. Wondering how the bag wears? thank you :smile:

Posted this at the bottom of the page by accident. Responding to your post directly :smile: . @Genie27 Hi! I see you have the Capucine epsom Picotin I'm considering. How do you like it? Do you like the Picotin style in the Epsom? I love the color and the detail on the handles. Wondering how the bag wears? thank you :smile:
Hi, yes I have the same bag - 18 in Epsom with the tressage strap.

Here are my thoughts after owning the bag for 6 months:
Cons first to get them out of the way:
1. I don't like Epsom. (Personal preference) So if I were to buy another Pico, I would get a different leather. I knew I didn't like Epsom before I bought the bag, and I can't say I've grown to like it any more after owing the bag, but I do like how it takes colour.
2. The 18 is petite - it does not hold much. A few SLGs, phone, keys and maybe a mini bottle of water, and it's full. I can cram a thin sweater or scarf across the top but it's not a bag that you can add to during the day if you happen to pick up some shopping or groceries. (I carry fewer items in summer, so it works for that season, but not winter gloves/hat/misc)

Pros:
1. I love how it goes beautifully with light and dark colurs - navy, grey, yellow, cream, pink. I wore it with a lot of my summer wardrobe, even with black (so Pumpkin like) for Halloween. It's more versatile than I first feared.
2. The Epsom is structured, so it keeps it's shape well - I will grudgingly admit that it's nice that it sits upright on a table
3. It's a fun bag, and I enjoyed carrying it - I have carried it in light rain - it's been fine. I’ve even bumped it against walls (am clumsy) with no ill effects.

Here are a few pics of this bag in action since I got it...for reference I’m 5’0

Hmmm...guess I used it a lot since I got it. It’s been sleeping for the last couple of months and will probably not get any use time the weather turns here.

Attachments

• 714CAF5C-164C-46F4-8CEC-448A33D86B55.jpeg
    714CAF5C-164C-46F4-8CEC-448A33D86B55.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,131
  • 61E8A779-8131-48C2-AF98-3435F157F0B6.jpeg
    61E8A779-8131-48C2-AF98-3435F157F0B6.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,143
  • A2EBAE59-CA0E-4D61-9539-58CC0D339D4B.jpeg
    A2EBAE59-CA0E-4D61-9539-58CC0D339D4B.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 1,131
  • B024055E-BBB6-4EB9-81B1-E54C9AF2290D.jpeg
    B024055E-BBB6-4EB9-81B1-E54C9AF2290D.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 1,142
  • 0540A3C0-75CE-43C7-A43E-4E46D1449F57.jpeg
    0540A3C0-75CE-43C7-A43E-4E46D1449F57.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 1,134
  • 1C39C5B3-BD90-457C-A80C-B001C0D949C0.jpeg
    1C39C5B3-BD90-457C-A80C-B001C0D949C0.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 232CD576-78C9-423A-8E8A-FA054C9DF922.jpeg
    232CD576-78C9-423A-8E8A-FA054C9DF922.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,126

WOW! @Genie27 this is so helpful. Thanks so much!!! I can see both the pro's and cons. I too and not overly in love with Epsom however, I have seen some of the well loved Picos and they are super slouchy. What I love is the color. The size I'm looking at is a 22 so sounds like that might be a good thing. There is also a Jaune Ambre and gold both with the tressage handles. Interested in those as more of a neutral. In the Clemence, there was only a super bright yellow in a 22 (would have been nice in an 18) and black. Thank you also for the action shots. It's looks stunning on you :smile:. I'm heading back to my local H on Friday to make the decision. Also thinking should I wait and put the funds towards a B or K offer. (not my first but what if the perfect one comes along). Oh the H waiting game :smile:

1. I don't like Epsom. (Personal preference) So if I were to buy another Pico, I would get a different leather. I knew I didn't like Epsom before I bought the bag, and I can't say I've grown to like it any more after owing the bag, but I do like how it takes colour.
2. The 18 is petite - it does not hold much. A few SLGs, phone, keys and maybe a mini bottle of water, and it's full. I can cram a thin sweater or scarf across the top but it's not a bag that you can add to during the day if you happen to pick up some shopping or groceries. (I carry fewer items in summer, so it works for that season, but not winter gloves/hat/misc)

Pros:
1. I love how it goes beautifully with light and dark colurs - navy, grey, yellow, cream, pink. I wore it with a lot of my summer wardrobe, even with black (so Pumpkin like) for Halloween. It's more versatile than I first feared.
2. The Epsom is structured, so it keeps it's shape well - I will grudgingly admit that it's nice that it sits upright on a table
3. It's a fun bag, and I enjoyed carrying it - I have carried it in light rain - it's been fine. I’ve even bumped it against walls (am clumsy) with no ill effects.

Here are a few pics of this bag in action since I got it...for reference I’m 5’0

Hmmm...guess I used it a lot since I got it. It’s been sleeping for the last couple of months and will probably not get any use time the weather turns here.

Pros:

So.... I went to H today to decide on the Picotin. Thank you to everyone who weighed in ☺️ While I loved the Capucine color of the Epsom one I really loved the feel of Clemence. Then I thought why not a neutral for year round. My SA went in the back and appeared with black, etoupe, bright yello and gold. I immediately knew.......

Attachments

• 946B09C8-171D-48F1-8622-4BA3AF4F0EE3.jpeg
    946B09C8-171D-48F1-8622-4BA3AF4F0EE3.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 1,072
So.... I went to H today to decide on the Picotin. Thank you to everyone who weighed in ☺️ While I loved the Capucine color of the Epsom one I really loved the feel of Clemence. Then I thought why not a neutral for year round. My SA went in the back and appeared with black, etoupe, bright yello and gold. I immediately knew.......
You made a wonderful choice! Congratulations, and wear her in good health! I'm crazy for Clémence, too.

Reactions: Addicted to bags
So.... I went to H today to decide on the Picotin. Thank you to everyone who weighed in [emoji5] While I loved the Capucine color of the Epsom one I really loved the feel of Clemence. Then I thought why not a neutral for year round. My SA went in the back and appeared with black, etoupe, bright yello and gold. I immediately knew.......

Yay! Congratulations on a beautiful year round neutral Picotin. I too prefer Picotin in clemence. I have tried on a Picotin in Epsom and felt it was too stiff. The clemence gives the bag a more relaxed feel which IMO matches the style of the bag better.