Ode to the Lindy

Anyone know if the L30 is still being made in swift? I've seen a few swift with tressage straps, but I'm just looking for simple swift (no tressage straps) in any gray, ideally in gris asphalte. Thanks in advance :smile:

Anyone know if the L30 is still being made in swift? I've seen a few swift with tressage straps, but I'm just looking for simple swift (without tressage straps) in any gray, ideally in gris asphalte. Would love to know if this combo has been seen recently or if I should only look preloved. Thanks in advance :smile:

Anyone know if the L30 is still being made in swift? I've seen a few swift with tressage straps, but I'm just looking for simple swift (no tressage straps) in any gray, ideally in gris asphalte. Thanks in advance :smile:
Swift Lindy 30s with single color strap still exist. I see them on the website from time to time. GA is long gone though I believe.

Just had my first Hermès boutique experience and was so pleasantly surprised! I’d read horror stories about the Chicago boutique but they were lovely.

I went there to exchange a Lindy 26 in Bleu Nuit clemence that I somehow scored from the website last month. It was beautiful but SO dark and I just couldn’t quite love it. I ended up exchanging it for a Lindy 26 in noir veau volupto with a crocodile handle and gold hardware. It’s not what I imagined getting but I am thrilled with it. Foolishly, I didn’t snap a photo in-store; they are shipping it to me because my home state has a significantly lower sales tax base. So, no pix yet!

So here’s my question: thoughts on removing the protective hardware stickers? This isn’t a bag I’ll ever sell; it’s my first Hermès and I just won’t. So the impact on resale doesn’t really concern me. So it’s more about the aesthetics for me—I intend to love and use the bag. And before I decided to purchase new, I looked at many pre-loved on Fashionphile and TRR, and several had notations about “stickiness” on the hardware, like the protective plastic was left on for a long time (years), and then when finally removed there was a residue that clearly has been difficult to fix. Where I live gets relatively humid during the summer, which can apparently also cause some issues if the protective plastic is left on the hardware. So I’m inclined to remove.

But, is there any other reason why I should rethink this and leave on?