Ode to the Evelyne

New to this forum nit to H so sorry if I am asking questions that have been asked before ...

I am thinking about an Evelyne but before I reach out to my SA, I wanted to ask if the TPM is harder to get than a 29? Is the TPM discontinued. I read it was and then it wasn't so not 100% sure.

For those with a TPM size, do you mind not having the outside pouch?

I have looked at photos of the sizes and I thought the TPM looked a bit small for me for everyday use so was thinking PM would just right.

If anyone has one or both sizes would appreciate any insights or thoughts.

Thanks.

I don’t have experience with the tpm Evelyne, though I do own two PMs, so I can try to help! I don’t believe the tpm size is discontinued, but I hear they are harder to come by. I find the PM size is the perfect size because smaller would be quite limiting for what you can fit inside (depending on how you plan to use the bag). I use mine for errands both with and without my kids and it’s very effortless. I do find myself using the exterior pocket quite a bit, usually for my phone. I think I’d miss that feature on the tpm.

For me, the tpm would not be my first choice, but many on this forum love them. I’d consider what you plan on using the bag for and take it from there.

Definitely even just twilly but try to ask also who knows since their in lockdown they might have some in stock for you tell them it’s a present for your birthday who knows you’ll find a nice SA. I never purchase anything to the SA who reserves two Evelyne TPM for me. I just got my 4th yesterday it’s a craie with ghw so pretty. If you don’t have a specific color I think you’ll get one before your birthday. Goodluck dear!!! Advance Happy Birthday!!!

Thank you so much!! I came in to contact with a very sweet SA over the phone, she would check if one becomes available for me as they have not officially opened for browsing the H store yet! So fingers crossed :smile:

My two new TPMs. Gold and Craie.
They are both absolutely gorgeous!! :loveeyes:Congrats and wear them in good health dear. Hopefully I’ll get offered a gold too! My sa said it would be unlikely however.. So I would also be happy with a blue color lol

Reactions: Kathy28
Thank you so much!! I came in to contact with a very sweet SA over the phone, she would check if one becomes available for me as they have not officially opened for browsing the H store yet! So fingers crossed :smile:

They are both absolutely gorgeous!! :loveeyes:Congrats and wear them in good health dear. Hopefully I’ll get offered a gold too! My sa said it would be unlikely however.. So I would also be happy with a blue color lol

Goodluck my dear. I’m sure you’ll get the color you want just be patient as my SA always tell me.

Reactions: I_AM_AYM
New to this forum not to H so sorry if I am asking questions that have been asked before ...

I am thinking about an Evelyne but before I reach out to my SA, I wanted to ask if the TPM is harder to get than a 29? Is the TPM discontinued. I read it was and then it wasn't so not 100% sure.

I have looked at photos of the sizes and I thought the TPM looked a bit small for me for everyday use so was thinking PM would just right.

Thanks.

I used to have PM size but sold it because I feel I’m like a HS girl with my CB bag. Anyway, I had a noir atom before also and I don’t like it I sold it too but I guess when I bought it again in Etoupe I used it more than any of my purses. TPM is way smaller than PM but my essentials are not much since my babies are grown up now. I don’t need to bring any babyfood/snacks I just got cardholders phone and wipes not to much it actually fits more than Chanel minis and what I love more is the price point of TPM you can enjoy more colors. Their not discontinued I just got my craie last week. Looking to get more colors. Their not boring you can dress them up to either PM or TPM. I love them very versatile in my opinion. I’m purchasing insert for them from Etsy. If you need info message me this one is not felt it’s linen so not too bulky.

Reactions: t&tsmom and balthus
New to this forum not to H so sorry if I am asking questions that have been asked before ...

Thanks.

Also I am 5'5" tall - will the PM be too large for me in terms of the length of the strap? I do like the size of the PM interior and outside pocket though. Thanks.

I have been scrolling through old posts to see different ways everyone wears their bags. I see a number with scarves wrapped around the shoulder straps - what size scarves are these? Also, does anyone ever use a different brand strap and not an H one? Also what insert does everyone love? Sorry but I don't see a search function in the forum and I think I am about to pull the trigger on a bag. I may start with a TPM since these days it is probably all I need and move up to a PM when life gets back to whatever "normal" is going to be. FYI there is a black 33 on the US H.com site but way too big for me. Thanks!

Reactions: maggielou22
Sorry one more question about inserts? I see 2 brands mentioned in many posts. Are there any others? Does one usually get a color that matches the color of the bag? Is it hard to find things in your bag if you get a black insert? Thanks.

Thanks - I am getting a black TPM and worried about a black insert and not being able to see anything! But then the decision of what color to choose!
I used to have a black ghw TPM. Red is very nice insert for black. I tried different colors. I bought those small felt in Amazon to see first what color is nice you can also change the color showing with those felt. So nice to have and very affordable.

I'm working with someone on etsy who's customizing my insert for a GM Evelyne (whitefoxbags). I went with her because I decided on a linen insert and she is willing to customize just about everything, even making an insert for the outside pocket. She's very accommodating, but I haven't received it yet, so can't recommend yet. I have a bleu nuit Evelyne and got bright blue/graphite combo for the insert.