Ode to the Evelyne

Can we talk about wearing the bag? and the history blah blah how it was meant to be facing inwards (yet the H store AND website shows the perforated logo facing out) I know many people are annoyed that people show off the H, but somehow I don't understand how the perforations should be close to your body when it's meant to air out soaked stable items? Who would want that on your clothes? I'm not saying I carry equestrian grooming equipment, just confused.

Personally, I don't care how I carry it and I think there's no wrong way to carry it. It's a grab & go bag so I carry it not caring lol but I do notice that when the logo is facing out that the pocket closing is such a bother against your clothes when closed!

I go back and forth depending on where I am wearing it. If I'm in a larger crowd, I wear it perforated logo out as I keep my wallet in the back pocket. That way it's a bit more difficult for someone to slip a hand into. I wear the H to my body if I'm going into a restaurant for dinner or if I'm somewhere I know I won't potentially get pick pocketed.

Reactions: ultraviolence
Can we talk about wearing the bag? and the history blah blah how it was meant to be facing inwards (yet the H store AND website shows the perforated logo facing out) I know many people are annoyed that people show off the H, but somehow I don't understand how the perforations should be close to your body when it's meant to air out soaked stable items? Who would want that on your clothes? I'm not saying I carry equestrian grooming equipment, just confused.

Personally, I don't care how I carry it and I think there's no wrong way to carry it. It's a grab & go bag so I carry it not caring lol but I do notice that when the logo is facing out that the pocket closing is such a bother against your clothes when closed!

I wear mine logo in, pocket out simply because it's easier for me to reach my phone in the outside pocket that way.

My SA says that is the "correct" way to wear it, but most people I see do wear it with the H facing out.

Not sure how relevant the "history" is, when the original Evelyne didn't have an outside pocket, but I do get your point about why would you carry the perforations close to your body when they are there to air out wet grooming tools. :confused1:

I wear mine logo in, pocket out simply because it's easier for me to reach my phone in the outside pocket that way.

My SA says that is the "correct" way to wear it, but most people I see do wear it with the H facing out.

Not sure how relevant the "history" is, when the original Evelyne didn't have an outside pocket, but I do get your point about why would you carry the perforations close to your body when they are there to air out wet grooming tools. :confused1:

I thought Evelyne III was just an updated version. Like, the B & K, they have different versions too, so I thought history was for it as a whole. The outside pocket actually became a near-the-body pocket to some.
Also, every article or discussions involving carrying the Evelyne mentions that back story. While the random H perforations started to make sense, I didn't understand what did that have to do with the correct way of wearing it.

View attachment 3773031
Going for a ride with my evelyne. I love it, such a nice bag!

A beauty! What shade of grey is this? Always hard to tell because of the lighting.

The Evie looks so yummy in light colors!

I've heard two versions about how to wear the Evelyn. This first is to wear with the perforations close to the body. That one makes sense. I read recently wearing with perforations facing inward is a myth.
I like the bag regardless of how it is worn. For my own curiosity, it would be interesting to know which way to wear the Evelyn was the original intent (I also wonder if the Kelly Retourne or the Sellier is the original but that is for a different thread)

I thought Evelyne III was just an updated version. Like, the B & K, they have different versions too, so I thought history was for it as a whole. The outside pocket actually became a near-the-body pocket to some.
Also, every article or discussions involving carrying the Evelyne mentions that back story. While the random H perforations started to make sense, I didn't understand what did that have to do with the correct way of wearing it.

A beauty! What shade of grey is this? Always hard to tell because of the lighting.

The Evelyne III is an updated version. Version I had a pocket inside but none outside. Version II had the pocket outside, and Version III kept the outside pocket and introduced the adjustable strap. Please someone step in and correct me if I'm wrong! This is how I've always understood the evolution of this bag.

Thanks! That is the etain. You r right it does look lighter. It's a bit darker in reality. It was so comfortable using it while traveling via airplane.

Greetings all!

For years, I have always been an oversize bag kinda gal; however, as I get older, my shoulder and back is really doing a number on me and find myself reaching for smaller, crossbody bags for a quick trip to the groceries or other. Anyhow, I have done a search, but could not find a "What fits in your TPM?" discussion. If there is one, please feel free to link and this thread can be closed.

I am a visual person so for TPM owners, if you would be so kind to post pictures of what fits in your TPM, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

TIA!

The Evelyne III is an updated version. Version I had a pocket inside but none outside. Version II had the pocket outside, and Version III kept the outside pocket and introduced the adjustable strap. Please someone step in and correct me if I'm wrong! This is how I've always understood the evolution of this bag.

You're right. Though I don't think evolution would change the history of the bag. B or K could be updated for years to come but it's still what it is. Unless, they remove the perforations the history would still be relevant. It's a good explanation anyway, because one might ask what are the holes for. It's not for everybody's liking.

Greetings all!

For years, I have always been an oversize bag kinda gal; however, as I get older, my shoulder and back is really doing a number on me and find myself reaching for smaller, crossbody bags for a quick trip to the groceries or other. Anyhow, I have done a search, but could not find a "What fits in your TPM?" discussion. If there is one, please feel free to link and this thread can be closed.

I am a visual person so for TPM owners, if you would be so kind to post pictures of what fits in your TPM, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

TIA!

I don't own a TPM but there are! Here is a good article outside purseblog/forum:
http://fordayslikethese.com/2016/05/28/what-fits-in-a-hermes-evelyne-tpm/
dscf66061.jpg

Also try these Youtube links:

I totally get you though. People say if you're a guy, TGM is the way to go, except I'm tiny and I don't like carrying a lot because my back hurts! Obvi, I wouln't consider TPM but I think it's a cute little purse for ladies. It's so small though. I see people with tall wallets peeking out, and 6s 7s phones would probably be the only thing you can put with the large wallet. So if you used to be an oversize bag kinda gal before and is used to carrying more than that, try the PM/medium. I don't think it's that big. Btw I have a GM and I feel like PM would be a little lighter option if you want to put more stuff without it being super heavy.

Thank you for these. The first one is actually a member here and I did see that post. I have also seen the two youtube videos, the last one just yesterday but I just could not get through her video.

I have been on this forum a very long time and there are plenty of "what fits in my purse" posts and pics but not very many of the TPM. I still use over-sized bags for work only. I have tried the PM and it defeats my purpose of carrying bare minimum for shopping, etc... I have not been able to find a TPM in person in our boutiques; otherwise, I would have a better idea. Thank you for your post!

I don't own a TPM but there are! Here is a good article outside purseblog/forum:
http://fordayslikethese.com/2016/05/28/what-fits-in-a-hermes-evelyne-tpm/
dscf66061.jpg

Also try these Youtube links:

I totally get you though. People say if you're a guy, TGM is the way to go, except I'm tiny and I don't like carrying a lot because my back hurts! Obvi, I wouln't consider TPM but I think it's a cute little purse for ladies. It's so small though. I see people with tall wallets peeking out, and 6s 7s phones would probably be the only thing you can put with the large wallet. So if you used to be an oversize bag kinda gal before and is used to carrying more than that, try the PM/medium. I don't think it's that big. Btw I have a GM and I feel like PM would be a little lighter option if you want to put more stuff without it being super heavy.[/QUOTE]