Ode to the enamels

FABULOUS!! :loveeyes:

I've never seen a better match! Spectacular, lovely, and perfect in every way! These colors look so good on you, too!!! Thanks for sharing!

Absolutely gorgeous, Canuck!

Ooooooh beautiful! May I ask what those scarves are?

Thank you all! The first scarf is Panther Pardus and the second is Dans L'Atelier, both by Robert Dallet, Big fan of cats (own a little one myself) and a big fan of Robert Dallet.

Past experiences and opinions please!

I have a very large enamel collection that I've loved the past decade (you can see my previous posts).

I now find that I don't wear the pieces as much since my new obsession with Cartier and VCA started. Should I sell the collection as a whole at auction? Wait a few years and see if I wear them again (it's been 2 years now...)? Give away as gifts if resale not great?

I have a very large enamel collection that I've loved the past decade (you can see my previous posts).

I now find that I don't wear the pieces as much since my new obsession with Cartier and VCA started. Should I sell the collection as a whole at auction? Wait a few years and see if I wear them again (it's been 2 years now...)? Give away as gifts if resale not great?

I would be on the safe side and not part with any of them - yet. You have more time to decide. Once they’re gone, it will be too late to change your mind. I’ve never regretted keeping things, but have many regrets about things I let go.

Reactions: c18027

I have both fine jewelry( mostly Tiffany, but also some estate jewelry) as well as enamels. I continue to wear both.
I will often wear diamond earrings and pendant, but an enamel for a pop of color.
Also, while traveling, I leave my most expensive items at home. I like traveling with a few enamels for a fun pop of color.

Don’t think I would sell ALL at once. If you have a few you rarely wear, you might consider rehoming a few, and then waiting awhile.

Not sure if this is the right thread (might belong in "Authenticate"), but I purchased the bracelet below from TRR and am now wondering if it is legit. (Just arrived - and it is returnable.) LOVE the pattern ("Elephants Grazing") and I believe it has the right stamp (F). But I didn't think this style was made back then???HER212844_1_enlarged.jpgyKVlE3fJQvWcwfRhYO%xgg.jpg

Not sure if this is the right thread (might belong in "Authenticate"), but I purchased the bracelet below from TRR and am now wondering if it is legit. (Just arrived - and it is returnable.) LOVE the pattern ("Elephants Grazing") and I believe it has the right stamp (F). But I didn't think this style was made back then???View attachment 4555957View attachment 4555958
I don’t believe that TPF authenticates Hermès enamel bracelets. However, this style of clasp was used by Hermès in the past.

Reactions: papertiger