Ode to the Double Sens

Hmmmm. That's interesting, because I could have sworn the price earlier this year WAS $3,100. If it is now $3650, that's an 18 per cent increase...

I did question the price as it was posted here as 3100 US but my SA said the price was never 3100 it is new for this year and there has been no price increase, price is 3600USD hope this helps

I bought the bag right out of the Hermes' manager for NM's hands. He was unpacking the boxes and the bag was already tagged. Several months back when I asked my H Boutique SA about the bag, she quoted me the higher price as well. Mistikat, you were a lucky, lucky lady!
The posting above was done in July, which was several months ago. It is what it is, I saved over $900 on it. I feel like an idiot now, but I really wanted that bag. Bad.

Don't feel like an idiot. I think it's a fantastic, practical and stylish bag and you got a great deal with the gift cards!

This is actually the first bag I have ever purchased without having to justify to myself. I saw. I wanted. I got. I usually hem and haw over it, but that's some big price jump in a few months. You know what, I have been so lucky with half of my collection, that I'll get over it. I was in some kind of funky mood yesterday. I feel better today!

Reactions: Steph1377
This is actually the first bag I have ever purchased without having to justify to myself. I saw. I wanted. I got. I usually hem and haw over it, but that's some big price jump in a few months. You know what, I have been so lucky with half of my collection, that I'll get over it. I was in some kind of funky mood yesterday. I feel better today!

I am in a funk today I thought the price was 3100USD from the post here. I put my request in for the double sense just 2 months ago I wanted Blue de malte/Iris. I was so happy when I got the call but when I received my bag and receipt (3650.00 pre tax and shipping) I called my SA and questioned the price she said this has always been the price. I find it hard to believe the price increased by 550.00 USD in such a short time. Who ever got their double sense for $3100.00 usd is very lucky

It's a lovely bag - I had a wonderful opportunity to try on this bag, and it IS a REALLY nice bag(s) - at first the price point appears too much for a simple tote, but........two for the price of one.............:biggrin: o dear..........I am pretty sure this is my next H bag! ^_^

Reactions: Steph1377
I purchased the gold/orange double sens from H at the beginning of July and I paid $3,100 (just checked my receipt). I'm a bit amazed that the price has gone up so quickly!

I also bought this bag as well back over the summer. It's a lovely gold/tan. Very nice piece. Hermes prices always go up so fast so you never know from one moment to the next what something will cost when you go back for more..:P.

I saw the Rubis/Bougainvillea version at H Amsterdam yesterday. Lovely bag, but a bit expensive for what it is really. And the Rubis is very, very bright IMO. If this bag were more in the Evelyne price range I'd seriously consider it.

I saw the Rubis/Bougainvillea version at H Amsterdam yesterday. Lovely bag, but a bit expensive for what it is really. And the Rubis is very, very bright IMO. If this bag were more in the Evelyne price range I'd seriously consider it.

The rubis is kind of the the duller color on the bag, more of a winter color, IMO. I though rubis would be very bright, also, but in clemence, it reads much darker. I am smitten by this workhorse. It is reversible to a happy bougainvillea a much brighter happy color for when you need such a thing! I don't think I would buy a more serious bag in either color, though. This is a perfect color for me. The gold and orange combination might be more to your liking.

....these days. I don't know why, exactly but I think it might be because it's so under the radar and nice and sqwooshy.....it would make a great work tote, I think. Anyway......

Anyone have some detailed info on these babies? What colors do they come in, sizes and maybe price? I saw in my brief search that it was priced at around $3,100.00 USD but that seems kind of high to me....and is it true it's only Gold/Orange or Iris/Bleu de Malt?

...and the SA at my local store knew less than nothing so no help there.