Scarves Ode to the Carre en Carre

I was able to find a previously loved CenC stole in very masculine colors: blue, grey, camel. I am totally in love with it and hope I don't abuse it too much this winter, I would hate to see it pill and snag especially if it came from the defective batch of cashmere scarves from the late 2000's....

Attachments

• carre.jpg
    carre.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 486
Gorgeous shawl Valmont! I'd love to find this CW :smile: Could you please post a picture if it lying flat?

I tried to do my best but it is a hard stole to photograph because as you can see it is practically the entire length of my bed!

The official colorway I believe is etoupe / bleu gris / mastic.

The gray looks deeper in the photographs I took but it all works together quite nicely. Also, it looks like there is a chocolate brown in the scarf but it is more like a deep taupe.

The designers at Hermes are master colorists, there is no doubt about it!

Attachments

• CenC1.jpg
    CenC1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 494
  • CenC2.jpg
    CenC2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 504
Valmont

Absolutely glorious! Congratulations on your acquisition and I only wish that you could wear it insouciantly without a care for snags, piling and the rest.

Your observation regarding the perfection of H colour selection is bang on and the trigger to my own recent interest in H scarves.

lanit said:
Vakmont - a truly magnificent stole for you - lve CenC in these neutral colors! Congrats!

Thank you Lanit! I wore it today with a dark gray tweed sports coat, navy corduroy pants, and grey Hermès gloves. It's such a versatile neutral scarf.

I tried to do my best but it is a hard stole to photograph because as you can see it is practically the entire length of my bed!

The gray looks deeper in the photographs I took but it all works together quite nicely. Also, it looks like there is a chocolate brown in the scarf but it is more like a deep taupe.

wow this is a great CW! didnt' realise CenC came in a stole. This one is gorgeous.

Valmont,

while it's several months after you posted these photos, I just saw them. I was looking for visual confirmation that the "order" of the carres within the carre/stole was not quite the same as the order in the 90cm scarf (I'm buying a different colorway on ebay since it seems this stole is now long gone from stores and I'm not anywhere near a store anyway). Yours is lovely!