Scarves Ode to the Carre en Carre

Gracekelly,

Please do show us how you like to wear this! I loved the idea of the CenC, having seen Mai Tai's blog and others on this thread, but rarely does this scarf turn up in the reselling market plus I was unsure about which colourway would really suit me. So I was thrilled to obtain this in the same version as you, Ladybaga and MaggyH, but feel too timid to wear these vibrant pinks and purples. Maybe it's a winter scarf? I tend to wear black and charcoal more then and graduate a tone or two to navy and white in the summer.

I think I need modelling shots, if anyone is kind enough and has the time, to give me courage or to enable the decision to pass this on.

Ladybaga & Maggy H

Please do show modelling photos (Ladybaga's megawatt smile even outshines her yellow CdE on the what scarf today thread - thanks for cheering up my day, we miss HH's droll humour). I acquired this exact same scarf but it has stayed in its box and was thinking of passing it on as I think the colours may be too strong - although I do love pink/purple. I would love to see how you both wear it.

Maggy H - I too succumbed to the FdI in cw07, not at all what I would have chosen from a website picture given colours that I wouldn't have said were 'me". However, trying it on in Harrods, it looked fab worn, particularly for me if the bias fold brings the red corners to the front.

It was exactly the same for me - I thought the light blue CW would suit me best, but after trying this one on in the boutique, I fell in love with it! Red suits me much better than pink anyway :smile:

Gracekelly,

Please do show us how you like to wear this! I loved the idea of the CenC, having seen Mai Tai's blog and others on this thread, but rarely does this scarf turn up in the reselling market plus I was unsure about which colourway would really suit me. So I was thrilled to obtain this in the same version as you, Ladybaga and MaggyH, but feel too timid to wear these vibrant pinks and purples. Maybe it's a winter scarf? I tend to wear black and charcoal more then and graduate a tone or two to navy and white in the summer.

I think I need modelling shots, if anyone is kind enough and has the time, to give me courage or to enable the decision to pass this on.

To be honest, I haven't taken it out yet, still in its' box with the store tag attached. I will try my best to try it on with different outfits and take some shots for you soon :smile:

:tup:

Thank you in anticipation!

pussywillow,
just now read this post. I haven't ventured over here in awhile since I bought the CenC. Will post mod pics when the week for Scarf of the Day thread deals with multiples. (I have this silk one and a jersey one as well. It is the only scarf I have two of.) Anyway, I plan on wearing it in the fall/winter as well. I will pair it with black, gray, and navy. I also have a tweed suit that has purple/pink/green/maroon. I will definitely post pics as we get to Sept/Oct. You know, it would probably look great with chocolate brown.
This will be fun experimenting with this one.

So glad we are quadruplets on this: you, gacekelly, Maggy and Me! I think that when paired with jackets/sweaters..it will seem less "bright."

Again, so sorry it has been almost two weeks since my response to you.

I have this one too! Love these colors! Such a magic scarf:smile:
picture.php

Gracekelly,
I am so excited that we are quadruplets on this scarf with MaggyH and pussywillow. I haven't ventured over to this thread in awhile, so I was thrilled to see another lover of the CenC in this colorway. It will be fun to see the different ways we can wear this beauty!:smile:

Gracekelly,
I am so excited that we are quadruplets on this scarf with MaggyH and pussywillow. I haven't ventured over to this thread in awhile, so I was thrilled to see another lover of the CenC in this colorway. It will be fun to see the different ways we can wear this beauty!:smile:

I think it is interesting that my husband really likes it. He appreciates the combination of the designs and the colors. He is a big fan of Pani La Shar so that helps a lot :smile: MaiTai really wrote the book on ways to wear this and I follow her lead:smile:

Gracekelly,

Don't be shy! I actually consider this to be one of my quieter scarves LOL! I have some in oranges and shocking pink that I think are much wilder.

I think it is interesting that my husband really likes it. He appreciates the combination of the designs and the colors. He is a big fan of Pani La Shar so that helps a lot :smile: MaiTai really wrote the book on ways to wear this and I follow her lead:smile:

I love Maitai's thread,too! That is how I learned about this "magic scarf." My husband and I recently framed a blue Pani La Shar that I posted on the "Framing an Hermes Scarf" thread. It looked better as a piece of art on the wall than as a piece of art around my neck. I jokingly said that I might have to take a sledge hammer to the glass that we used for framing if I have the itch to wear it one day. My husband loves my scarves, too.
He's been an H tie collector for 20 yrs, so I am thankful that he understands my new obsession.:smile:

I love Maitai's thread,too! That is how I learned about this "magic scarf." My husband and I recently framed a blue Pani La Shar that I posted on the "Framing an Hermes Scarf" thread. It looked better as a piece of art on the wall than as a piece of art around my neck. I jokingly said that I might have to take a sledge hammer to the glass that we used for framing if I have the itch to wear it one day. My husband loves my scarves, too.
He's been an H tie collector for 20 yrs, so I am thankful that he understands my new obsession.:smile:

It is beautiful! I have Pani in blue in a pointu! i love him:smile:

It is beautiful! I have Pani in blue in a pointu! i love him:smile:

Hi gracekelly!
Thank you! Do you have the Pointu Blue Madras with Pani on it? I have that one, too. I love the colors in it. I also tried on a smaller pointu (like a gavroche) in CenC but the light blue color didn't look very good with my coloring. I need to wear brighter blues. I would love to see your pointu! I love all of the details of Pani. I can't remember how many screens were used to make this scarf, but I think it is around 40? You and the other Pani experts can
educate me on this.