Scarves Ode to the Carre en Carre

Valmont

Oct 2, 2011
New York, NY
I was able to find a previously loved CenC stole in very masculine colors: blue, grey, camel. I am totally in love with it and hope I don't abuse it too much this winter, I would hate to see it pill and snag especially if it came from the defective batch of cashmere scarves from the late 2000's....

Attachments

MaggyH

Hermes fever
Mar 1, 2011
EU
Gorgeous shawl Valmont! I'd love to find this CW :smile: Could you please post a picture if it lying flat?

Valmont

Oct 2, 2011
New York, NY
Gorgeous shawl Valmont! I'd love to find this CW :smile: Could you please post a picture if it lying flat?
I tried to do my best but it is a hard stole to photograph because as you can see it is practically the entire length of my bed!

The official colorway I believe is etoupe / bleu gris / mastic.

The gray looks deeper in the photographs I took but it all works together quite nicely. Also, it looks like there is a chocolate brown in the scarf but it is more like a deep taupe.

The designers at Hermes are master colorists, there is no doubt about it!

Attachments

pussywillow

Feb 24, 2011
Valmont

Absolutely glorious! Congratulations on your acquisition and I only wish that you could wear it insouciantly without a care for snags, piling and the rest.

Your observation regarding the perfection of H colour selection is bang on and the trigger to my own recent interest in H scarves.

MaggyH

Hermes fever
Mar 1, 2011
EU
Thank you for posting the pics, this stole is so beautiful!!! Congratulations, I'm so jealous :smile:

lanit

O.G.
May 17, 2007
Vakmont - a truly magnificent stole for you - lve CenC in these neutral colors! Congrats!

Valmont

Oct 2, 2011
New York, NY
lanit said:
Vakmont - a truly magnificent stole for you - lve CenC in these neutral colors! Congrats!
Thank you Lanit! I wore it today with a dark gray tweed sports coat, navy corduroy pants, and grey Hermès gloves. It's such a versatile neutral scarf.

Mar 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Wow, beautiful colorway and it works so well with your bag!
I've been seeing sanguine everywhere for Spring 2012, it is definitely the color of the season :smile:
thank you, it was such a surpise to see how lovely they paired together! :P i know, anything coral is so hot, but it's ALWAYS been one of my faves.....

Jadeite

Mental Discipline
O.G.
I tried to do my best but it is a hard stole to photograph because as you can see it is practically the entire length of my bed!

The gray looks deeper in the photographs I took but it all works together quite nicely. Also, it looks like there is a chocolate brown in the scarf but it is more like a deep taupe.

wow this is a great CW! didnt' realise CenC came in a stole. This one is gorgeous.

Jun 21, 2010
The Sonoran Desert

Valmont,

while it's several months after you posted these photos, I just saw them. I was looking for visual confirmation that the "order" of the carres within the carre/stole was not quite the same as the order in the 90cm scarf (I'm buying a different colorway on ebay since it seems this stole is now long gone from stores and I'm not anywhere near a store anyway). Yours is lovely!