Ode to the BBag you have "loved and let go"

I have always been so happy that I have never been able to contribute to any threads regarding this topic. I always thought long and hard before letting a bag go, and gave myself at least a couple of months with a bag before making the final decision. Well....recently I had the opportunity to buy a brand new 05 Magenta First. At the time I had a 05 Magenta Box and City, and since I had mostly City's, and I have been getting the most use out of my smaller bags, I decided to sell the City to buy the First. This was during the holidays, and the seller and I decided to wait until after the holidays to complete the transaction. Well are wires got crossed and she was waiting for me to contact her and I was waiting for her to contact me, and the bag was listed on ebay and sold. Now I am soooo sad I sold my City!!!! I do admit that even if I had bought the First I would have been sad I sold my City, but of course it's even worse since I didn't buy the First. My 3 favorite Balenciaga's are all 05's...BG Pink, Magenta, and Turquoise, and now I have a First and City for both BG Pink and Turquoise, but only the Box for Magenta. To make matters worse, the bag was in mint condition, and I got it for a great price!!! Feast your eyes on this beauty...

IMG_6761.jpg

IMG_6716.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

:crybaby::hysteric:

I am sorry to hear your tale of woe :crybaby:

Hopefully Ms Magenta City is in a sweet loving home now though. :flowers:

I have always been so happy that I have never been able to contribute to any threads regarding this topic. I always thought long and hard before letting a bag go, and gave myself at least a couple of months with a bag before making the final decision. Well....recently I had the opportunity to buy a brand new 05 Magenta First. At the time I had a 05 Magenta Box and City, and since I had mostly City's, and I have been getting the most use out of my smaller bags, I decided to sell the City to buy the First. This was during the holidays, and the seller and I decided to wait until after the holidays to complete the transaction. Well are wires got crossed and she was waiting for me to contact her and I was waiting for her to contact me, and the bag was listed on ebay and sold. Now I am soooo sad I sold my City!!!! I do admit that even if I had bought the First I would have been sad I sold my City, but of course it's even worse since I didn't buy the First. My 3 favorite Balenciaga's are all 05's...BG Pink, Magenta, and Turquoise, and now I have a First and City for both BG Pink and Turquoise, but only the Box for Magenta. To make matters worse, the bag was in mint condition, and I got it for a great price!!! Feast your eyes on this beauty...

IMG_6761.jpg

:crybaby::hysteric:

deana your story makes me so sad!!! I totally feel for you! :crybaby:But one day, the perfect ms. magenta will return to you!! And she'll have a wonderful place to call home. :tender:

When i see cracker's old anthracity, i hope that the 08 fall one will be just as gorgy...

Thanks for sharing these everyone...I sold quite a few myself... I don't think I regret any sells though I do miss a few... esp. my first bbag ever: emerald 06:
IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

yes, she was a thin & veiny 06 but she had the most pinchable, squishiest leather of them all... and with just the slightest use...a handle of times...she started to puff out (notice the less crackly front middle..so there's hope for bbags of all leather!) and lose her veins... I let her go to allow to make room for a more neutral city which I don't regret...but I do miss petting my first bbag!:crybaby:

I have 4 (count em) deep regrets but of course they went to good homes and I have replaced with well-lother loved B bags. Here they are:
1st bronze metallic 2004 or 2005?
2006 black city THE BEST
Anthracite GGH City
GGH darkest brown day ( can't remember the color it was almost black so dark brown)

Can we have a bad poetry contest at the same time?

I sent away my Magenta first,
And now the feeling I have is the worst

I thought you were too bright
What was wrong with my eyesight!

You have a new mommy in Greece
but my obsession with you does not cease
oH......:heart:...:love:
How have you been able to sell such a beauty?
Girls, I am not able to sell my sweethearts...:crybaby:I think that I will never do it ...:yes:

Cracker, I've always loved your B.bags... teal and caramel were in my heart, but THIS ONE... she definitely needs her own ode!!
Beatiful, unique leather.
:crybaby:

Isn't that one beautiful! It's even better in person. The pic makes it look somewhat dry. It was the most gorgeous color and leather. As far as I know, it belongs to Purse Ooooh......I hope you're still enjoying her "D".

OMG, these bags are all sooo gorgeous! I'm even feeling sad thinking about you all letting them go.

Of course, in the back of my mind I'm also thinking "dang! Where was I when you were all selling these beauties?"