Ode to the 40cm birkin

Piaffe and her super chic do carrying a 40cm black fjord

attachment.php

Reactions: clearstatic
I finally having FSH returning on my order, they can't make it... but they are offering me a all Graphite Grey Clemence 40 instead of a bi-color. Should I take it? I had a balck fjord already, would it be too close of a color???

wow i love this thread....so far i have my BJ 35 Birkin togo but a friend is possibly letting go of her Rouge Garrance 40 in clemence with PH

next on my list WAS: gold, black with gold, red with gold (rouge vif, braise--not sure if it comes in leather or just croc though, rouge garrance and vermillion) and etoupe...

so when she mentioned her 40 rouge garrance with PH it kinda threw me off cos i was like ohhhh hmmm especially since you can apparently carry it over your shoulder like some of the pics on this post!!!

im just wondering, how would clemence 40 compare to my togo 35---as far as durability, weight, and how the leather flops/stiffens?

let me add some color here...pics from Jan 2007, my first H bag; this is the perfect size for me for the everyday tote to throw all kinds of things in including walking shoes, laptop, shawl, book, makeup case and all the other on the go essentials; just got my first 35 and I have to say it is best for me for an evening out when carrying fewer things...40 is too big for me to take when going out but perfect for true tote functionality

Attachments

• DSCN2583.jpg
    DSCN2583.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 4,066
  • DSCN2578.JPG
    DSCN2578.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,990
Last edited:
You truly are a red queen - what color/leather if i can ask? do you have a family picture of all the reds? that would be so lovely

after seeing your pix, and all the RH, RG and RV birkins popping up, i am obsessing....

attachment.php

You truly are a red queen - what color/leather if i can ask? do you have a family picture of all the reds? that would be so lovely

after seeing your pix, and all the RH, RG and RV birkins popping up, i am obsessing....

red is my favorite color! it is powerful and sensual at the same time
I posted all of them here recently except the rouge H box kelly which is later in the thread http://forum.purseblog.com/your-bag-showcase/blkladylaws-collection-83318.html#post10120834
this is Rouge H (it is appearing to be a little lighter red with the flash) and SandiaExchange/Kaz labelled it as Clemence...I've had someone see it in person and thought it might be togo (I think they felt it was not slouching as much as it should for Clemence but I have heard Clemence has varied over the years) and someone else on the forum guessed Fjord...so I am still not certain about the skin. Here is the original sale photo and a closeup of skin for the darker coloring.

Attachments

• hermes birkin rouge.jpg
    hermes birkin rouge.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,730
  • DSC01015b.JPG
    DSC01015b.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,696
Ah yes, i remember this photo. LOVE IT! i am a huge kaz fan, she was the mother of two of my bags.

attachment.php

the 40 looks like it has veins. i don't know whether clemence has veins? so maybe it is togo. doesn't matter, it is beautiful.