Ode to the 35 Birkin

Hey y’all I was offered today my first birkin! I’ve always dreamed of this day and it finally happened. However it’s not the size I was hoping for. I was offered a 35 gold with ghw. I’m 5’2 about 135pounds and I don’t know what to do. If I turn it down it might have to wait another year for a 30.... helllpppp

I know you passed but just wanted to say, I am less than 5’4 and only want 35s. I’ve never had anyone say it looks too big. But I do think of it and carry it like a tote vs. a purse if that makes sense. I tend to choose bags based on the function I need on a given day. I like the carrying capacity of the 35 and want the size. If I need a smaller bag or “purse” for the day, I’ll usually choose a different bag altogether rather than a smaller B.

I know you passed but just wanted to say, I am less than 5’4 and only want 35s. I’ve never had anyone say it looks too big. But I do think of it and carry it like a tote vs. a purse if that makes sense. I tend to choose bags based on the function I need on a given day. I like the carrying capacity of the 35 and want the size. If I need a smaller bag or “purse” for the day, I’ll usually choose a different bag altogether rather than a smaller B.

I totally agree, the Birkin was born as a tote so I think 35 is the perfect size, if I want a smaller bag I use a Kelly or something more "handbag", not a Birkin.

Had read through this whole wonderful thread these last few weeks... Thank you all soo much for your great pics!! Especially the mod pics were extremely helpful!! :hbeat: - I had been in a dilemma: Have to admit that I had never been that much interested in purchasing a B. Yes, I know... ;) So, had tried them only twice - and had thought that IF I should ever want one someday in a far away future..., it would be a B 30. - However, there she was. Love at first sight! The exact colour and leather and HW I had been looking for for a very long time - but coming in form of a B 35... Which I could not try but only see online. Thanks to you all and your pics and comments, I felt sufficiently confident to finally pull the trigger!! And OMG, am the happiest girl now - and totally in love with my 26 year old vintage beauty! May I introduce you to my very first B: Ostrich, Vert Veronese, GHW - and, of course, 35! What else...! :smile::love:
4EB82F1E-59C5-4B51-B28A-47866FE36227.jpeg

Had read through this whole wonderful thread these last few weeks... Thank you all soo much for your great pics!! Especially the mod pics were extremely helpful!! :hbeat: - I had been in a dilemma: Have to admit that I had never been that much interested in purchasing a B. Yes, I know... ;) So, had tried them only twice - and had thought that IF I should ever want one someday in a far away future..., it would be a B 30. - However, there she was. Love at first sight! The exact colour and leather and HW I had been looking for for a very long time - but coming in form of a B 35... Which I could not try but only see online. Thanks to you all and your pics and comments, I felt sufficiently confident to finally pull the trigger!! And OMG, am the happiest girl now - and totally in love with my 26 year old vintage beauty! May I introduce you to my very first B: Ostrich, Vert Veronese, GHW - and, of course, 35! What else...! :smile::love:
View attachment 5047797
It is absolutely GORGEOUS!! A big congrats to you my dear! Wow! What a stunner! :loveeyes: Wear her in the best of health! :heart:

I regretted that I sold all of my B35s in the last 2 years. I used B30 to travel but it is too small for all the necessities. So now, I need to have one B35 again. Here she is. I just got her yesterday - noir Togo with gold hardware - beautiful. After haven’t carried for a longtime, I feel it is not that heavy - empty of course . Now I have her to travel with but need to wait till it is safe to travel again.
The big bag trend is just around the corner
View attachment 5018431View attachment 5018432
On flying - I want to use my B35 (noir Togo w palladium hw) on my next trip but I’m terrified of bringing it through security. More than once I’ve watched in horror as TSA manhandled my bag or made me put it directly on the belt on its side! Any traveling advice? Or am I being overly paranoid?

Reactions: keodi and Etriers
On flying - I want to use my B35 (noir Togo w palladium hw) on my next trip but I’m terrified of bringing it through security. More than once I’ve watched in horror as TSA manhandled my bag or made me put it directly on the belt on its side! Any traveling advice? Or am I being overly paranoid?
I take my B with the dust bag and pop it into that before putting it through security if that helps at all.

View attachment 5047797
Wowza! Absolutely gorgeous! :heart: Congratulations!

On travelling, I have a couple of the Envirosax bags that rolled up into tiny rolls (may be 1” x 3”). Someone here on the forum mentioned years ago. It fits over the B35 size perfectly. It’s not waterproof but great for travelling or light drizzle. Weighs like nothing. Also, have the Longchamps expandable travel bag that I can fit the whole B bag in it and can put the whole thing right on the conveyor for the X-ray machine. Again, got this tip from the forum.

https://envirosax.com/

https://www.nordstrom.ca/s/longcham...zedsort&breadcrumb=Home/All Results&color=400