Ode to the 35 Birkin

Hi PF! I have been going back and forth for almost a year now on this topic in my head :smile: I've had a B35 Barenia Faubourg for almost a year now. Love, love, love the leather. I'm 5'1. I can pull it off in Winter with layers and heels. Not so much in Summer. Issue is, I think I'm hanging on to it due to the type of leather and the fact that it is the original size. I do not use it. I'm afraid I will never have another Barenia Faubourg come my way again as well as my SA has shared any barenia is scarce right now. If I could find a B30 in the same specs I'd sell my 35 in a heartbeat. What would y'all do. Help :smile:
I'm your size and I carry my smooth Barenia B35 winter and summer. But if you don't use yours, re-home it. BF is easier to find than smooth Barenia; you can definitely find it at resale.

I'm your size and I carry my smooth Barenia B35 winter and summer. But if you don't use yours, re-home it. BF is easier to find than smooth Barenia; you can definitely find it at resale.
Thanks for the feedback :smile: I seriously considering it as I have not used it. I notice several of the B30's in the same specs are very overpriced (15-18K). Hoping my home store gets one.....fingers crossed :smile:

Reactions: keodi
Thanks for the feedback :smile: I seriously considering it as I have not used it. I notice several of the B30's in the same specs are very overpriced (15-18K). Hoping my home store gets one.....fingers crossed :smile:
Resale is always so overpriced, but since your 35 must have cost close to $15K, is the size you really want possibly worth a premium?
Sorry, we are headed way OT. Best to take this to the Barenia Faubourg thread :smile:

The Birkin 35 was my first Birkin, my second one was the Birkin 35 as well. I really love them as working bags.Even if I want to overnight somewhere, the Birkin 35 fits my needs. Of course it not a bag to go to a restaurant, for this purpose I need a flashy Birkin 30.

I keep thinking I will get a 30 but keep buying 35s. :amuse: I guess when it comes down to it, I just like the proportions better. I like that it looks casual and love the functionality. I’m afraid a 30 would not be large enough to be useful as a tote and would be too large as a day bag. Still considering. In any case the 35 has classic H presence.

I keep thinking I will get a 30 but keep buying 35s. :amuse: I guess when it comes down to it, I just like the proportions better. I like that it looks casual and love the functionality. I’m afraid a 30 would not be large enough to be useful as a tote and would be too large as a day bag. Still considering. In any case the 35 has classic H presence.

I have the same thoughts. Maybe 1SO would be ok but the 35 conquered my heart

This is me! I love 35s and actually like 25 best for evenings and weekends. I just skipped over B30 haha!

That‘ s interesting, as I am still trying to decide which size to put on my wishlist. Would you mind to try to explain your feeling please? Thank you so much in advance and congratulations to being able to compare these two beauties.:biggrin:
Barenia it’s one of my favorite leathers. I love the way it ages and changes with time. Due to this ageing process barenia it’s a more casual leather imo and 35 fits better. :smile: