Scarves Ode to Silk GM Scarves/Shawls

Thank you, ayala_jessica, you can also keep an eye on resellers like Jan at Its-All-Goode or ebay. :smile:

Ok, here you go, IF, pictures of the white edge up closer and of the shawl worn with black. Which works even though the large dark areas of the design are deep navy.

This is incredibly gorgeous and so perfect for you, pierina. Thank you also for the weight analysis which is very useful.

I did not see anything mentioned about the twill lave. I bought Psyche a few years ago, and that feels the closest to a standard twill fabric than any of the other 140 cm shawls. I do not think they did too many designs in this fabric.

Just for the record, pics of Grand Manege giant silk in c/w 04, saumon/orange/blue.

I did NOT keep this one, the border is more orange than pink and the interior orange and rust just didn't work for me. But it's very pretty!

(The bags it's with are Flamingo, Rose Jaipur and Parchemin)

Wow - this is a beauty Pierina! I have the LdR in orange - the colors are similar. Otherwise I would leap for this!

scarfmischief, the newer giant silks are 6 grams heavier than the original Lalbahi giant silk GMs.

A new silk 90 weighs 70g. so I assume they must be made of heavier silk than the 140 at 86g.

(The silk dip dye GMs weigh 156g. or almost twice as much as the Lalbahi. Perhaps they're made of the same silk as the 90 squares?)

Below, pictures and tags from the original Lalbhai, an Equateur bought last year, a brand new Folklore, and a GM silk Dip Dye. HTH. :smile:

This is amazing for comparison dear - thank you so much for sharing this info with us. I would love your scale - what is the brand and model ? It seems to be quite useful when weighing leathers and silks!;)

scarfmischief, the newer giant silks are 6 grams heavier than the original Lalbahi giant silk GMs.

A new silk 90 weighs 70g. so I assume they must be made of heavier silk than the 140 at 86g.

(The silk dip dye GMs weigh 156g. or almost twice as much as the Lalbahi. Perhaps they're made of the same silk as the 90 squares?)

Below, pictures and tags from the original Lalbhai, an Equateur bought last year, a brand new Folklore, and a GM silk Dip Dye. HTH. :smile:

pierina, you're a pro! I'm just loving your latest Folklore :heart:
There was an older release Cavalcadour CSGM on eBay the other week that was in a dreamy mint/white cw, it made me think of you immediately.

Wow - this is a beauty Pierina! I have the LdR in orange - the colors are similar. Otherwise I would leap for this!

This is amazing for comparison dear - thank you so much for sharing this info with us. I would love your scale - what is the brand and model ? It seems to be quite useful when weighing leathers and silks!;)

Thanks, lanit. Think I got the scale at Wms. Sonoma at least five years ago. It's made by Salter and is about 8 x 8.5". Probably any digital kitchen scale would work for scarves? ;)

pierina, you're a pro! I'm just loving your latest Folklore :heart:
There was an older release Cavalcadour CSGM on eBay the other week that was in a dreamy mint/white cw, it made me think of you immediately.

Many thanks, BritAbroad. I hope that you're staying nice and warm this winter! I did see that minty Cavalcadour and just decided not to look at it again. There are too many new shawls I'd like to see first. :graucho::graucho:

Many thanks, BritAbroad. I hope that you're staying nice and warm this winter! I did see that minty Cavalcadour and just decided not to look at it again. There are too many new shawls I'd like to see first. :graucho::graucho:

I was tempted but did the same as you, pierina, out of sight - out of mind, it's sometimes best not to look!
Looking forward to seeing what catches your eye next :graucho:

Thank you, I'm slowly thawing :lol:

I never saw one of those shawls in real life, vildachya. Have you enjoyed yours?

I am embarrassed to say I have not worn it. I wear my cashmere/silk GMs a lot especially during a winter like this past one, but alas all other GMs are pretty much unworn. I have banned them at this point, no more mousselines or other 140 cms. I am not sure what design would tempt me to leave ban island, but none for spring.

I am embarrassed to say I have not worn it. I wear my cashmere/silk GMs a lot especially during a winter like this past one, but alas all other GMs are pretty much unworn. I have banned them at this point, no more mousselines or other 140 cms. I am not sure what design would tempt me to leave ban island, but none for spring.

It's bound to warm up sooner or later, I hope! That sounds like a wise move, not to buy anymore until you use the ones you have. Sometimes these things seem useful in theory, or as just really appealing, but if they're not actually getting worn, why go on buying them?

Thankfully I did not buy very many of these shawls. Tomorrow night I have the opportunity to wear one, so we shall see if I do. I am on ban island, though, and I do not see myself leaving the island.