Scarves Ode to Silk GM Scarves/Shawls

I conducted a little experiment today with my 140s, to tie them the same way, photograph them in the same clothes and same light, and look at them side by side to illustrate the different weights and textures of the summer weight silk plume, the winter weight twill, and a washed twill.

In each photo, the one on the left is the summer plume (Sieste au Paradis), the one in the middle is a winter twill (H en Fil) and the one in the right is a winter weight twill that has been washed (On a Summer's Day).
View attachment 4365503 View attachment 4365504 View attachment 4365505
Even controlling for the design itself, I feel like the summer weight is the shiniest. It's very light, almost papery. I think the crispness of its texture contributes to the shininess because each fold reflects light back out.

The H has a definite sheen to it as well, but it seems more subdued. The weight seems to make it less crinkly and more puddly, which also reduces the amount of light refraction.

The washed twill is definitely the least shiny and puddles the most. It is one of my most worn scarves, which is why I needed to wash it several times already. But the more I wear it and wash it, the more comfortable and casual it becomes, which makes me want to wear it even more!

Hope that visual illustration is helpful!
This is extremely helpful, FR, given that I just purchased my first silk plume and I adore everything about it; the weight, the size, the drape.

Animapolis will be in silk 140. 5 cw known to me below
Thanks for the intel.

I was wondering what they would do to this for the reissue. No change in scale, just add a border (why?!) and flatten the colourways. The 90’s were so much more lively and vibrant. I’m sure the change is intentional, to make them less challenging, but that was exactly what I loved about the original issues - lots of saturated contrasts and detail. The riot of colours matched the chaos of the design: its fantasy animals overrunning a fantasy city after all! The movement and depth is lost in these more uniform palettes.

Animapolis will be in silk 140. 5 cw known to me below
Thanks for posting! I really like the more muted tones here actually. I missed out on the 90 format, but really wish this would be in the cashmere silk instead…. I have absolutely no idea how to wear 140 silks! In summer here, it’s too hot to wear it, while in winter it’s way too cold to just use a silk scarf to wrap up…. *sighs*