Ode to Sac Université Bag

1. Inspired by the shout-outs to the various bag styles in other subforums on tPF, I would like to start a thread specially devoted to the Saint Laurent Sac Université Bag!

I do not yet own one, but I am very interested to. :graucho: I have been searching online and saving google images onto my phone and built a whole album all for it. I thought I would post pictures of this bag here for eye candy. Please join me to share your Sac Université, any thoughts, pictures, and mod shots are greatly appreciated! :woohoo:

Designed in 2014 by Hedi Slimane after taking away 'Yves' from YSL, this bag is added to the classic Monogram Saint Laurent line in Pre-fall 2014 collection. The bag bears the name of the street Rue de L’université, which is where the house established its salons de couture that year. And what's so special about it is that it is a marked return to Paris’ Rive Gauche, which was where Yves Saint Laurent first set up his shop back in the 1960s.

There are 2 sizes of the bag, regular one measures 9.8 X 6.8 X 2.9 inches, small one comes in a dimension of 6.8 X 4.7 X 2.7 inches. Attached pictures are the 1) regular size, 2) small size, both linked from the Saint Laurent website. On the regular size, the adjustable strap is from 45.25 inches to 48 inches.

On various websites we have seen the following colors available: Black, Cream, Lipstick Red, Dark Camel, Navy Blue, Bordeaux, etc. The iconic interlocking YSL logo hardware comes in gold and silver color. Outside material is mostly smooth calfskin, interior lined in suede, however we have seen different styles including embossed croc, tweed, patent.

45234505id_13_x.jpg 45238953hl_13_x.jpg lofficiel-loves-saint-laurent-universite-bag_1.jpg
  2. outfit-casual-chic-in-berlin_46163_95505.jpeg
  3. Jessica-Chastain-Saint-Laurent-Monogramme-University-Flap-Bag.jpg
  4. Danish blogger, Mind Your Makeup

russianred1-680x1093.jpg
  5. dagens090315_7.jpg
  6. sac-universite-saint-laurent-outfit-from-where-i-sit-black-white_72633_11482.jpeg
  7. DSC05784_zps964fed34.jpg
  8. Picture by the pretty blog owner of tlnique

saint_laurent_reebonz.jpg
  9. NYFW-Bags-Day-6-9.jpg
  10. 20150125_16.jpg
  11. DSC_0661.JPG
  12. #12 Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    I saw it in the SL store few weeks ago and fell in love with the bordeaux color. I might snag one soon :graucho:

My only issue was how delicate the leather was. It's one of those bags you have to baby - much like Celine's box bag. I usually prefer my bags to take some good beating, but it's oh so lovely in person.

118-2000644-357403C150J6048_BORDEAUX_M.jpeg
  13. oh! I've never seen many Saint Laurent bags with silver hardware, except for a larger Saint Laurent bag with silver studs/chevron quilting/silver chain strap (I can't recollect the name) which I loved except for the odd closure tab. But the styling of these bags is so close to my heart so I've been waiting for a silver hardware version. Are these readily available in the US yet? Mostly online I see gold hardware on all their bags, so...

14. So excited to see this thread! I recently purchased a blue one in the larger size from Las Vegas. I had been looking for a cross body bag and after a full day of shopping all the stores on the Strip, this was my fiancé's favorite. This is my first YSL and my fiancé liked that we haven't seen anyone with this bag back home. The color looks different in sun and indoors. There are two compartments inside and a zip pocket and is lined in suede. The LV store had black with both silver and gold hardware, red, cream, and brown with gold hardware available.

After using it a few times, I do agree the leather seems to be more delicate but it has held up pretty well so far. The space inside was smaller than I expected so I had change my long wallet to a smaller wallet to use it. I keep my phone and receipts in the front compartment and my wallet, keys, and small cosmetics pouch in the back. I use it both as a shoulder and cross body bag. My only concern with the bag is that the straps don't swivel where it is attached to the bag so the leather can twist and strain against the hardware, depending on how you have the bag positioned when wearing it cross body. If that doesn't bother you, its a great bag to use and goes with a lot of outfits.

IMG_2261.JPG IMG_2266.JPG IMG_2267.JPG IMG_2268.JPG
    smiley13tree likes this.
  15. Your blue one is bwwweeautiful, LuxAddicted! If you had a chance please post mod shots as well. And thanks for sharing that there is a silver hardware one in the Vegas store! :lol: