Scarves Ode to Quintessence

lanit

O.G.
May 17, 2007
Hello all-I am on the fence about a favorite design Quintessence in either white (love it, but concerned about the white background), the orange (looks a bit yellow orange on the website, and I tend more towards mandarin orange when I do wear orange), or the navy, which papertiger has recently shared in the latest purchase post. This scarf is to celebrate my DD's piano recitals and other concerts, and is a bd present from my DH. Does anyone have any photos of the orange and white to share, as well as pros/cons of the colorways? I notice with the orange it appears to only have the taupe and white, whereas the other colors have three to four colors. Thank you in advance for sharing and helping me decide!

Hi lanit - I have the orange and white colourway and absolutely love it! Here's an action shot - will try to take a pic later of the entire scarf and post it

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,195
sushiqueen-looks gorgeous on youi! Would you say there is a lot of orange or gold on your colorway? Do you find it hard to keep clean? Have you seen the orange/taupe IRL? Thank you for your post creature. Does appear that the white might be more versatile.:flowers:

lanit - here are some shots of the scarf - apologies for the creases - I wore it yesterday! I only have it a couple of weeks and I would definitely say I am more careful with it because it is white, but have had no problems so far! I was not aware of an orange/taupe c/w in addition to this one.

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,453
  • IMG_2331.JPG
    IMG_2331.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_2332.JPG
    IMG_2332.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 797
Sushiqueen-beautiful photos-it gives me a much better idea than the website, thank you! I do love white-it seems lately that most of the scarves look great in white on me-take a look at the US website and you will see the orange/taupe version. The H customer service line says it is more of a tangerine. I do not have an orange scarf yet, but love to wear oranges and reds if the shade of orange is not too yellow. I have medium complexion asian skin tone with more pinks in my coloring, so some yellows and oranges can tend to make me look sallower. I also see a coral with gold accents, but I think the golds might be too ochre for me. BTW, I read on the 2010 collection that Quintessence maybe coming out in a mousseline. Has anyone seen this and the coloring? Perhaps I should wait. A mousseline would be beautiful in this design I would think. Looking for more lovely Q's!:yes:

Well ladies, I ordered one of each to try on. I have to see that orange in person-I have a feeling it may be the white I end up with though! I am dying to see more colors of tpfers-the coral, lavender and light blue, anyone? Is this not a popular scarf design? Thanks so much sushiqueen, papertiger and creature. Q must be for music lovers!

Well ladies, I ordered one of each to try on. I have to see that orange in person-I have a feeling it may be the white I end up with though! I am dying to see more colors of tpfers-the coral, lavender and light blue, anyone? Is this not a popular scarf design? Thanks so much sushiqueen, papertiger and creature. Q must be for music lovers!

Lanit, the treble and bass clefs are what drew me to the Quintessence in the first place! I bought the navy blue one. I did get to see the coral, lavender, and light blue. The lavender and light blue are very pretty but the design doesn't stand out as much like it does on the white or navy blue colorway, IMO.

I also like the numerical and scientific references on the scarf. I'm a total nerd so I absolutely love this design. Good luck and be sure to show/tell us which one you end up with. :yahoo: