Ode to "Point d’orgue"

Melora24

scarf lover
Jan 18, 2014
"point d'orgue" is the French word for "fermata". It's "a symbol of musical notation indicating that the note should be prolonged beyond its normal duration or note value would indicate" (from Wikipedia).
The French name litteraly means "organ's point", and refers to the fact that a pipe organ can sustain a note for an undefinite length of time.

Attachments

• Fermata.png
    Fermata.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 2,143
But in H world, Point d'orgue is a design by Pierre Marie, released in SS2012. As an organ-lover, I think this is the best design ever!

I've been telling myself that I was going to make a post about it, and tell you everything I can find about this design, and now is the time :P

Attachments

• PO-entier.jpg
    PO-entier.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 2,260
In other words, musically, a fermata means the player is to hold the note, or the pause, above which the fermata appears, until the conductor indicates it's time to move on. So it can also mean "pause." Knowing the meaning of these designs enhances their appeal.

Melora- you know you are committing to buying multiple cws of Point d'Orgue when Spring 2015 comes out so you have fodder for this thread....:lolots:

Melora- you know you are committing to buying multiple cws of Point d'Orgue when Spring 2015 comes out so you have fodder for this thread....:lolots:
I wish I could… But unless I find a really well payed job by then, I'll have only one cw! But still, that'll be the first time I have 2 scarves with the same design ;)

Last edited:
But in H world, Point d'orgue is a design by Pierre Marie, released in SS2012. As an organ-lover, I think this is the best design ever!

I've been telling myself that I was going to make a post about it, and tell you everything I can find about this design, and now is the time :P

This is one BEAUTIFUL scarf! Thanks for sharing.

Each pipe makes one and only sound. So if you want to play a melody, where you need multiple notes, you will need multiple pipes. Each pipe will be "connected" to a key of the keyboard, just like, on a piano you have 1 to 3 cords per key.
When those pipes are in the front of the organ, they're called "montre" (which means "show", the pipes that are shown to people). for aesthetic reason, they are often aligned like a pyramid.

credits for the picture below: http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...alien_Mascioni_Tessin.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

Last edited:
How interesting - I loved the megawide enamel bracelet in this pattern, but the one I was really drawn to wasn't my colors at all so I didn't really have anything to wear it with. Too bad they don't release more of the enamels to go with the new GM mousselines on the Spring line!!

Please tell us more!