Scarves Ode to Paperoles

Resurrecting a long-dormant thread... but I just saw the green shawl on Poupi! Anyone willing to give me their two cents? Wondering if it's a reasonable price to pay for something so rare. How much have other green shawls sold for in the past? Couldn't find much intel... :'(

Resurrecting a long-dormant thread... but I just saw the green shawl on Poupi! Anyone willing to give me their two cents? Wondering if it's a reasonable price to pay for something so rare. How much have other green shawls sold for in the past? Couldn't find much intel... :'(

This particular green shawl has been popular. How much is she asking?

A quick google search and it seems it has been sold on fashionphile and a couple other places.The real real has had a couple that sold for $850-995 so I think it maybe an idea about condition. But I think you may want to consider time too. How long do you want to wait for it? I myself have a list; half of which if I find them I would be happy the other half of the list: I want them now!!:PI hope to see your modeling pic here when you do get one!!:flowers:

Adding, I hope any of this info has helped you. Its alway tough when looking for grails...

Reactions: BBC
A quick google search and it seems it has been sold on fashionphile and a couple other places.The real real has had a couple that sold for $850-995 so I think it maybe an idea about condition. But I think you may want to consider time too. How long do you want to wait for it? I myself have a list; half of which if I find them I would be happy the other half of the list: I want them now!!:PI hope to see your modeling pic here when you do get one!!:flowers:

Adding, I hope any of this info has helped you. Its alway tough when looking for grails...

Thank you so much Julide! I did see the one on the Real Real, and I think the condition had been all right. This one on Poupi says it has no issues, and the eBay listing version says it looks unworn.

But I suppose what I wondered was if this particular shawl typically fetches this sort of price! I guess I was remembering the green Tohu Bohu shawl that sold for over $2800 on eBay awhile back! I know Tohu Bohu can command these sort of prices, but I wasn't sure if Paperoles usually does too. If it's typically a bit more reasonable on the resale market, then perhaps worth waiting?

At any rate, I don't think I'm prepared to pay this much of a premium for a grail shawl, so I think I will pass. Perhaps $1700, topsies, haha. But if I ever do get one, I will take photos and be sure to post it! :smile:

Thank you so much Julide! I did see the one on the Real Real, and I think the condition had been all right. This one on Poupi says it has no issues, and the eBay listing version says it looks unworn.

But I suppose what I wondered was if this particular shawl typically fetches this sort of price! I guess I was remembering the green Tohu Bohu shawl that sold for over $2800 on eBay awhile back! I know Tohu Bohu can command these sort of prices, but I wasn't sure if Paperoles usually does too. If it's typically a bit more reasonable on the resale market, then perhaps worth waiting?

At any rate, I don't think I'm prepared to pay this much of a premium for a grail shawl, so I think I will pass. Perhaps $1700, topsies, haha. But if I ever do get one, I will take photos and be sure to post it! :smile:

I think price is so hard to tell. The time it spends on the market does tell you what other buyers think about the price as well...Good luck! I hope you find one at a reasonable price for you and soon!!:flowers:

Reactions: saranga