Scarves Ode to La Femme aux Semelles de Vent

Here I am, wearing B&W La Femme, tomorrow I'll post my other cw:
Thank you PaperT, you had a great idea!

attachment.php

Ta da! fabulous example Birkinmary

I can't get over of how great this scarf is

^ sushi queen - you look cool and elegant in both your cws

I'm a bit afraid this thread is going to enable me like the ode to Quintessence :wondering

Here's mine - 90 cm silk twill in Color 6 (I think) - Vieux Rose/Sepia/Vert Amande.

And thanks for posting that very interesting Wikipedia article!:ty:

My pleasure LGA82, thank you for posting these

I've never seen this cw IRL, it's so pretty and yet again it must go with so much

attachment.php

attachment.php

MonsacHermes, great action pics, I love your doggie in pensive repose, he looks as though he has just come back from a travel adventure and planning the next trip.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Papertiger: After I've seen all the CW, I think you pick the PERFECT cw, :tup:. It compliments your beautiful hair :love: Btw, may I ask, if you are going to pick the next cw, which one will you pick?

Thank you for lovely comments

Ha ha, I thought I knew until I saw all the cws again. I almost bought a GM with bright pink at Libertys but it is so much my mothers cw I backed off. I am very smitten with LGA82 scarf but I supposed to be looking for the perfect blue OR bright pinks/oranges. I think at this point it might also be a case of what is left.

A HUGE thankyou to Birkinmary for posting all the cws

La Femme is my first Hermes shawl GM, and I am twins with Lanit (noisete, noir, absynthe). I would love to get the carre in the neutrals colorway.
This design is so beautiful and complex, and I love the back story of the French woman who traveled to distant lands by the slowest means available. Her story resonates with me, as a woman who loves to travel and who has visited all 7 continents (in relative comfort, here in the 20th and 21st centuries). As with many of the Hermes scarves, one may love it for the sheer beauty, or on other levels.

I think you put your finger on something here victoriab, the scarf seems to be an ode in itself: to s l o w travel and self-discovery.

I like it in rouge best. Love the animal prints and how everything comes together in an elegant ethnic way.

Do you have it already or are you tracking one down :graucho:?

I read "Voyage d'une parisienne à Lhassa" a while back and was deeply impressed by A D-N. I'm new to Hermès scarves but when I realised there was a scarf made after her story, I knew I just had to have it. I wanted the black cw and of course it was sold out everywhere... I thought I 'd have to resort to the Bay when I finally managed to track one down!!!! :yahoo: I love it! Not just because it's beautiful but because of the story behind it.

Thank you for the book-tip booksnchocotate. I think of A-D-N's history everytime I wear the scarf, what a role model. I'm so pleased you found your scarf, all the cws are def getting harder to find.

Mine was my first GM shawl in the same colourway as LGA82, Vieux Rose/Sepia/Vert Amande. A surprising choice for me as I hardly wear prints, I love it very much. The flower borders are pretty and the colours go with most of my outfits. It kept me warm this last trip to Seoul.