Ode to Hermes Poncho

In the spirit of H and picking up a few timeless pieces, how do you all feel about the cashmere ponchos? I purchased one a few years ago and I love it, and I am contemplating another one (the price has doubled since my original one...) I've always viewed my relationship with H as "timeless" items- scarves, porcelain trays and tea services, bags...not RTW. What are your opinions on the ponchos? I'm curious...
Theyre beautiful and timeless, but they cannot be altered. I’ve tried them on and look like a hobbit. I am short and so are my legs.

Theyre beautiful and timeless, but they cannot be altered. I’ve tried them on and look like a hobbit. I am short and so are my legs.
OMG! I'm rolling on the floor. The one I bought in 2019 makes me look like I am wearing a cashmere comforter! However, the one I tried on yesterday (a bit thinner and cut a bit more flattering) still makes me look a bit like an equestrian version of a Mandalorian extra...and to be surrounded by such softness...its almost a Star Wars costumed cocoon!

I’m on the fence about purchasing the new libris poncho. Was hoping that some of you fabulous tpfers who own this item already would be able to share some mod shots and/or feedback on how your liking it! Bonus points for sharing mod shots with the poncho belted. :lol:
IMG_8514.jpeg

@Bdbunny and @Dr Lady I saw your posts in the purchases thread about this poncho. If you feel so inclined to share feedback it would be much appreciated!

I’m on the fence about purchasing the new libris poncho. Was hoping that some of you fabulous tpfers who own this item already would be able to share some mod shots and/or feedback on how your liking it! Bonus points for sharing mod shots with the poncho belted. :lol:
View attachment 5824288

@Bdbunny and @Dr Lady I saw your posts in the purchases thread about this poncho. If you feel so inclined to share feedback it would be much appreciated!
Here’s a couple of pics from a few months ago. I really like it. Goes with everything and I used it a lot when the weather was cooler. Took it traveling as well, great for the plane. I reached for it more than my 140 shawls, but I tend to wear my shawls around my shoulders vs around my neck. You can’t really wrap this around your neck like a scarf. I have not tried it with a belt. :flowers:

73947851-a795-4afd-ad88-73f5ea765520.jpeg419d4575-28e7-4ce6-88d4-07494cb78769.jpeg

Here’s a couple of pics from a few months ago. I really like it. Goes with everything and I used it a lot when the weather was cooler. Took it traveling as well, great for the plane. I reached for it more than my 140 shawls, but I tend to wear my shawls around my shoulders vs around my neck. You can’t really wrap this around your neck like a scarf. I have not tried it with a belt. :flowers:

View attachment 5824372View attachment 5824373
I love it on you, especially with those boots! Thank you for taking the time to share these photos.:tup:

My SA has the kraft color for me as well! I’m excited to see it in person.

View attachment 5824372View attachment 5824373
Love it!!! I’m in between this and shawl for airplane ride, this looks so much warmer. Thank you!

View attachment 5824288

Sadly I only wore it a couple times and no pics before it got too warm. I was debating between it and the shawl also. My SA steered me towards this bc I told her I would be wearing it on my shoulders more often than as a scarf around my neck. She felt the poncho would lay (and stay) much better on the shoulders. I am a sucker for a poncho so I am definitely biased . Also the little leather details kill me . I am still in love with the purchase :smile:

Last edited:
Sadly I only wore it a couple times and no pics before it got too warm. I was debating between it and the shawl also. My SA steered me towards this bc I told her I would be wearing it on my shoulders more often than as a scarf around my neck. She felt the poncho would lay (and stay) much better on the shoulders. I am a sucker for a poncho so I am definitely biased . Also the little leather details kill me . I am still in love with the purchase :smile:
I’m a sucker for a poncho as well. :lol: Have a feeling this one will be coming home with me.

Hi has anyone purchased the coaching perle poncho from Hermes? I was looking at it on the website just last month and then they took it off but I saw one on a resale website and now I’m thinking about getting it because I remember the website photos were beautiful (I just had trouble justifying the price to myself). Did anyone buy it and if so could you share your thoughts on this piece! Thank you so much in advance.