Ode to Chaumet

Purrsey

Jan 25, 2015
I don't see a dedicated thread for Chaumet. Not sure how much traction this thread will get (I can see it's not so popular compared to most Brands) - but I'm certainly keen to hear what you guys think of Chaumet Jewellery. Do you own one/many? Any thoughts about them? Do you include Chaumet in your stack? Mod shots will be nice too.

For now, I only think Bee My Love collection suits me. I can't take too princessy pieces like their Josephine range although they look beautiful on others (which honestly I hardly see them!).

I have chances to wear my aunt's BML jewellery pieces recently and they are growing on me.

Hope to read your sharing.

I always associate Chaumet with bankruptcy and fraud, now that I know about its indictment history and why the company hasn’t made a comeback to the US…

Anyways, regarding jewelry, I like the Bee My Love alternating diamond bangle. But I don’t think I’ll be buying it for a while. I’d rather build up my VCA, Cartier, and Tiffany collections first. And after that, I’d want to get some Bulgari before I buy my first Chaumet piece.

I always associate Chaumet with bankruptcy and fraud, now that I know about its indictment history and why the company hasn’t made a comeback to the US…

Anyways, regarding jewelry, I like the Bee My Love alternating diamond bangle. But I don’t think I’ll be buying it for a while. I’d rather build up my VCA, Cartier, and Tiffany collections first. And after that, I’d want to get some Bulgari before I buy my first Chaumet piece.
Oh that is a spicy story.

I only know and heard about Chaumet since a month ago :P
I now have VCA, Cartier, Chaumet and definitely want to own a bvlgari. Somehow Tiffany has never been in my radar.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
I love their wheat shape - it is stunning & I think the Jardin range as a whole is so well done.
The wheat collection is cute. I've never seen it! (Didn't spot it at the store as I went straight to bee my love).

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
What I love about Chaumet is that I find their rose gold is beautiful. I added some mod shots on the VCA thread "What Other Jewelry Brands Do You Buy Wear" a while back when I tried some pieces on and if you visit the thread here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/what-other-jewelry-brands-do-you-buy-wear.1035629/ on page 34, entry #501, you can see some different versions of BML and Liens Seduction and some of the other bracelets. I like the BML line but it is prone to scratches, unless you do the pave version, so just be aware of that. Also, the bracelets are quite thin so I see the pieces more as dainty than bold. I like Chaumet but don't have any items on my immediate wish list. Seems VCA, Bvlgari, Graff, Mimi So and Cartier steal my attention more. :lol:

The wheat collection is cute. I've never seen it! (Didn't spot it at the store as I went straight to bee my love).
I’m not sure if it is always on display but it’s one of their big historical designs as one of the crowns Chaumet made for the empress Josephine was decorated with gold wheat.

they have an article about her on website:

What I love about Chaumet is that I find their rose gold is beautiful. I added some mod shots on the VCA thread "What Other Jewelry Brands Do You Buy Wear" a while back when I tried some pieces on and if you visit the thread here https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/what-other-jewelry-brands-do-you-buy-wear.1035629/ on page 34, entry #501, you can see some different versions of BML and Liens Seduction and some of the other bracelets. I like the BML line but it is prone to scratches, unless you do the pave version, so just be aware of that. Also, the bracelets are quite thin so I see the pieces more as dainty than bold. I like Chaumet but don't have any items on my immediate wish list. Seems VCA, Bvlgari, Graff, Mimi So and Cartier steal my attention more. :lol:
Thanks for the great insights.
indeed I like Chaumet RG most (I usually like YG). I have mentioned this in my clash de Cartier thread (I think), comparing the RG between Cartier, Chaumet and Bvlgari (the only brands I'm keen now!).

I personally prefer the half pave to full, for BML. It's the reflection from the metal that's more interesting.

Talking about scratches, yes this little ring is a magnet for that. This first Chaumet piece is a passdown from my aunt. You can see what time does to this on my mod shot . Can see those scratches. However under the sun, it's very beautiful. And especially so when driving on a sunny day, the light hits the ring and deflected onto the car inside!

4ABF793F-262F-4A15-A475-7B7DA7F49DC9.jpeg

E7BD03AC-B856-408A-A553-9E4A39D841CF.jpeg

5C58A3BB-ED1D-4588-BE01-22B8719B480C.jpeg

Thanks for the great insights.
indeed I like Chaumet RG most (I usually like YG). I have mentioned this in my clash de Cartier thread (I think), comparing the RG between Cartier, Chaumet and Bvlgari (the only brands I'm keen now!).

I personally prefer the half pave to full, for BML. It's the reflection from the metal that's more interesting.

Talking about scratches, yes this little ring is a magnet for that. This first Chaumet piece is a passdown from my aunt. You can see what time does to this on my mod shot . Can see those scratches. However under the sun, it's very beautiful. And especially so when driving on a sunny day, the light hits the ring and deflected onto the car inside!

View attachment 5190620

View attachment 5190621

View attachment 5190622
Beautiful and absolutely agree. Its still a wonderful piece. I did want to mention scratches, though, as while I am ok with it, some folks get really worried about it. Thank you for sharing the wear and tear. Its nice to see how a piece actually functions!