Ode to bags we miss

Well see that’s the thing... I always feel like it should belong to a glamorous owner like yourself or @periogirl28 or @blondissima777 (amongst others here) or some IG models. You know, well dressed, heels, so refined. And then there’s me.... don’t get me wrong I am comfortable in my own skin, it’s just... I love beautiful things, like Barenia and croc, and I really really appreciate good quality items, and for that reason I just admire them more on glamorous ladies than myself!
What no, I am so casual. I think you should wear it often and rock it casually if that is your signature style. I don't wear heels except at Christmas. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well see that’s the thing... I always feel like it should belong to a glamorous owner like yourself or @periogirl28 or @blondissima777 (amongst others here) or some IG models. You know, well dressed, heels, so refined. And then there’s me.... don’t get me wrong I am comfortable in my own skin, it’s just... I love beautiful things, like Barenia and croc, and I really really appreciate good quality items, and for that reason I just admire them more on glamorous ladies than myself!
Seeing your picture the first thing that comes to mind is French women. They are effortlessly chic, they do not try too hard. Not needing to be perfect and looking like you didn’t spent an hour getting ready shows you’re confident and have more to offer than just your looks. And that is awesome! It’s very refreshing and makes people more interesting IMO.
I wish I could be more like that. I’m more than I am when I was younger but not as much as I would like to be.
You rocked that fur coat and that Kelly like the coolest chick on the block! Some people are more casual others dress up more, but it doesn’t mean they can’t wear certain things.
It took me YEARS to buy a pair of combat boots!
Not only I couldn’t find a pair I liked, but I had no idea how to wear them without looking like I stole them from a 16 year old grunge Avril Levigne wannabe. And the irony is, of all places, I found one at H!

Last edited:
What no, I am so casual. I think you should wear it often and rock it casually if that is your signature style. I don't wear heels except at Christmas. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Remembering from your modeling pix throughout the years, you always look so elegant. I’ve always enjoyed your pictures, please do keep them coming, especially now CNY is upon us. They def give me hope maybe some day I can take care of myself better. :smile:

And here’s a pix of me walking my dog this morning.... good thing I live in the city center, and no hunting is allowed here... otherwise I might have been mistaken as a big foot lol

84D15536-D25A-4F09-B49C-BC17F2574B8B.jpeg

Seeing your picture the first thing that comes to mind is French women. They are effortlessly chic, they do not try too hard. Not needing to be perfect and looking like you didn’t spent an hour getting ready shows you’re confident and have more to offer than just your looks. And that is awesome! It’s very refreshing and makes people more interesting IMO.
I wish I could be more like that. I’m more than I am when I was younger but not as much as I would like to be.
You rocked that fur coat and that Kelly like the coolest chick on the block! Some people are more casual others dress up more, but it doesn’t mean they can’t wear certain things.
It took me YEARS to buy a pair of combat boots!
Not only I couldn’t find a pair I liked, but I had no idea how to wear them without looking like I stole them from a 16 year old grunge Avril Levigne wannabe. And the irony is, of all places, I found one at H!

You know that’s the thing, I look forward to having some time to really groom myself again. I remember spending hours on myself when I was younger and no kids! And yes!!! Please do show your combat boots... I am actually looking for a pair that are not as common as Chanel (and I feel like I should “graduate” from them since they just remind me of my twenties so much).

I actually really like how the older European ladies dress here, they are not exactly refined, but just very, very elegant. That’s what I want: Elegance without being pretentious (like many ladies here).

I've rehomed a number of bags - I think I had a grab everything mentality for a number of years but have finally come to my senses! I don't miss the bags but the specific colour and leather they came in. Rouge vif fjord, gris t clemence and black/white dalmatian specifically.

That black/ white Dalmatian must be stunning though... what a collectors item!

Remembering from your modeling pix throughout the years, you always look so elegant. I’ve always enjoyed your pictures, please do keep them coming, especially now CNY is upon us. They def give me hope maybe some day I can take care of myself better. :smile:

And here’s a pix of me walking my dog this morning.... good thing I live in the city center, and no hunting is allowed here... otherwise I might have been mistaken as a big foot lol

View attachment 4316991

You know that’s the thing, I look forward to having some time to really groom myself again. I remember spending hours on myself when I was younger and no kids! And yes!!! Please do show your combat boots... I am actually looking for a pair that are not as common as Chanel (and I feel like I should “graduate” from them since they just remind me of my twenties so much).

I actually really like how the older European ladies dress here, they are not exactly refined, but just very, very elegant. That’s what I want: Elegance without being pretentious (like many ladies here).
I love your description: unpretentious elegance.
Here they are:

Attachments

• E16F5086-3095-4867-AF40-59BB8D37021D.jpeg
    E16F5086-3095-4867-AF40-59BB8D37021D.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 301
  • 17F2A11D-B18E-46FF-A33E-EE025E5EAD39.jpeg
    17F2A11D-B18E-46FF-A33E-EE025E5EAD39.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 305

LOL!!!!! I’m only glamorous until I open my mouth or walk a few steps! I am too friendly and open...when the SA pulls out the new scarves I am dying to see I am literally jumping up and down and I don’t take any of this or myself seriously (which is why I don’t like most of those IG ladies, they take themselves WAAAAAAY too seriously). I am the lady random strangers talk to (DS1 hates this, DH has gotten used to it). I dress the way I do because in my mind I’m still the ten year old girl who wants to wear pink and dresses and fur and sparkly things every single day (DH has to give me the “you’re overdressed” warning frequently). Also, I’m a klutz. So as much as I would love to have such a stunning coat, I could never pull it off as genuinely elegantly as you - and you have uber-chic, effortless style! Some of your outfits are burned in my memory as literally TDF (I am particularly remembering a gorgeous dress and, was it a black and white jacket? Ooh and a few others....)