Odd reveal: My bag broke!

carolinas

O.G.
Aug 2, 2009
I need some help,

Yesterday I received my gorgeous Milton Envelope Clutch. I noticed that one of the postman's locks was a bit loose but I didn't care much, I was too excited. As I was getting ready to take it out for the first time, the postman's lock fell off! How is that possible? Does this means that the the bag is a fake? TIA

This was an odd reveal, but here's my new bag anyway:

Attachments

• Mulberry Milton.jpg
    Mulberry Milton.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 237
My first Mulberry was a fake one, and the postman´s lock broke in the same way. It was terrible:sad: but a lesson learned. I also felt the lock was a bit wobbly, and didn´t mind so much, but after a short while it fell of.

I do think that some genuine bags can break in the same way though. I hope your´s is genuine and that you can get it fixed. Soooo annoying though :shucks:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck carolinas! Was it new or pre-loved? I know it's probably a lot of hassle for you being in Sweden, but Mulberry should be able to repair it for you.

Oh no how disappointing - did you buy it as pre-loved? It should be possible to repair it via Mulberry but how annoying...

I bought it BNWT from a super nice seller on ebay. She has offered to take it back to Mulberry and see if they can repair it, but I've started to question it's authenticity. I didn't even think they made replicas of the Milton clutches, but that was probably naive of me... Can a new bag really break this quickly?

Hi
I bought a Bays in the Mulberry online sale and when it arived the lock was super loose - felt like it might fall off in my hands and clearly not a fake as direct from Mulberry. I sent it back to Mulberry to repair and tey did a good job with it, came back more secure than the locks of any of my other bays.

I had to return a mink Milton shoulder bag and a teal Milton wallet as the postman's locks were very close to breaking. They replaced the lock on the shoulder bag but didn't bother with the purse.

Hopefully Mulberry will be able to repair it - I think it's a common fault on the Milton range.

I'm not sure where the original seller bought this from but I just wanted you to know that all of these Miltons that I've seen at the outlets (Shepton and Bicester) have had very loose Postman's Locks on them and I suspect that many of them are at the outlets BECAUSE of that.

I'm sure that you could get it repaired. Good luck.

I'm not sure where the original seller bought this from but I just wanted you to know that all of these Miltons that I've seen at the outlets (Shepton and Bicester) have had very loose Postman's Locks on them and I suspect that many of them are at the outlets BECAUSE of that.

I'm sure that you could get it repaired. Good luck.

I'm suspecting that the seller bought it there, thanks for the info! Taking Milton to the Mulberry store here in Sweden for repair today, wish me luck!