Odd question

JBS1974

Nov 29, 2015
Question for anyone that has purchase a Louis Vuitton in Australia...did it come with a box?

My husband is in Australia for business and spilled the beans and told me he bought me a Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM ... he told me it didn't come with a box - just a cloth bag and shopping bag. I didn't want to seem ungrateful by asking about the box, but I am curious - do they no longer come with boxes, do they not come with boxes in Australia (we are from the US), or did someone just not give him a box?

I've never seen a Neverfull purchased in store come with a box. Both of mine only came with dustbags, and both were purchased overseas. People at my local boutique in the state only receive dustbags, from what I've seen. I don't think your husband wants to schlep a gigantic box home on the plane with him, even if it came with one!

Reactions: Meggowaffle
Just ask for a box if you want one when you make a purchase.
It's that easy. If no boxes will fit your item, the SA will let you know.
Some bags and larger items require huge boxes that would be a big pain in the butt to carry around. Every time I have said yes to a big box, I regretted it 20 feet after I left the store! :biggrin:

Now, if you want a box - just ask your local LV store the next time you visit them. They will likely give you one and send you on your way.
And again, do not store your bags in the boxes: they are meant for presentation only! :smartass:

I've bought 4 NFs in store and they have all come in boxes (I'm from the U.S.). But if I buy a bag when I'm traveling I decline the box since it's much easier to pack. Maybe they assumed he wouldn't want one?

Reactions: Bumbles
Thanks everyone!!
I just realized all my bags have been gifts, so I guess that is why they have had boxes. I never gave it much thought before.
I have an Alma PM in Vernis that i keep in the dust bag and in the box - is that bad? The rest of my bags are all in my closet ready to be used :smile: (That one is more of a special occasion bag)
This bag is such a pleasant, sweet surprise - I don't want to seem ungrateful, or like a nag by asking my husband too many questions. (I don't want to do ANYTHING that may turn him off to buying me bags!! LOL)

I recently bought my Mono Neverfull GM at T5 at Heathrow Airport. I was asked if I wanted a box or 'just the bag'. The box was HUGE so I told her to leave it flat! Good call as I could fit it in my suitcase later :smile:
Maybe hubby wasn't offered as the sales assistant knew he was travelling?

I recently bought my Mono Neverfull GM at T5 at Heathrow Airport. I was asked if I wanted a box or 'just the bag'. The box was HUGE so I told her to leave it flat! Good call as I could fit it in my suitcase later :smile:
Maybe hubby wasn't offered as the sales assistant knew he was travelling?
That's true that we have the option of keeping the newly designed boxes flat!

Reactions: MaggieMayDo
Question for anyone that has purchase a Louis Vuitton in Australia...did it come with a box?

My husband is in Australia for business and spilled the beans and told me he bought me a Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM ... he told me it didn't come with a box - just a cloth bag and shopping bag. I didn't want to seem ungrateful by asking about the box, but I am curious - do they no longer come with boxes, do they not come with boxes in Australia (we are from the US), or did someone just not give him a box?
I'm in Australia, and every time I make a purchase, it has always been put in a box. Bags and slgs. I don't need to ask, they just do it. I have never bought the neverfull GM, but did buy the MM, and I did get the box.

Where about did he buy it from? Perhaps the box was too big and he didn't want it? Or else they didn't have one big enough? Hope that helps.

I'm in Australia, and every time I make a purchase, it has always been put in a box. Bags and slgs. I don't need to ask, they just do it. I have never bought the neverfull GM, but did buy the MM, and I did get the box.

Where about did he buy it from? Perhaps the box was too big and he didn't want it? Or else they didn't have one big enough? Hope that helps.

Thanks! It seems like it isn't TOTALLY unusual to not get a box, so my guess is he mentioned he is from the US and the salesperson assumed he wouldn't want to deal with getting the box home. I was actually wondering as well how he would get the box home - he bought me the same bag in a different pattern last year and I still have the box from that one - it is huge! The only reason I cared was because I keep everything from all my bags and really try to keep them in good condition so they retain their value - the reality...I can't imagine it ever mattering - even if I don't end up using the bag that much, it will always have too much sentimental value for me to sell. (I am a sentimental hoarder...LOL)

Reactions: MeepMeep67
My SA asks me if I want a box, and most of the time I just say no because I know I can't store my bags in them and then they just sit. For slgs though, while I probably should store them in the box, I do because I can't keep track of them otherwise! I rotate often :smile:

My SA asks me if I want a box, and most of the time I just say no because I know I can't store my bags in them and then they just sit. For slgs though, while I probably should store them in the box, I do because I can't keep track of them otherwise! I rotate often :smile:
I just write on the box what is in it so that I can store them in their boxes. They stack much easier! :smile:
I don't store my bags in boxes, just SLGs.