Odd question about CL's

Theren

Plus size Goddess
O.G.
Mar 29, 2010
Ok ladies I have a honest question (and im sorry if I sound stupid). I am a plus size girl and I just won my first pair of CL's on the bay (had them authenticated here). From what I have read most woman find Cl's very comfortable, but have any of you had to resort to pads or anything to make them more comfortable?

theren: I am also a fabulous plus size gal and agree with gym that the comfort level is more unique to your foot than your weight. Platforms are better for us because they balance our weight better generally, but other than that, it is about your foot shape, arch, toes, etc. The thread ayala posted is fantastic and there is great advice there.

I have skinny heels and have to use ball of foot pads and heel padding for fit....I find Foot Petals brand BY FAR the best for this reason and that they offer the added bonus of cushion for softening the pressure of my weight on the ball of my foot :biggrin:.

Yes ! I'm very glad for you ! Being a plus size lady does not mean that to have to pass on indulgences and what I can say is that, being in you case too, what matters with CL is to know what styles will fit your shape, and what kind of silouette would you like to obtain. Of course on 100mm and lower you will not look as high as possible, but still, it's always in what your eyes like. Personally, as having pretty wide feet I would avoid very narrow styles like Pigalle, even tough I could kill to get a pair and stretch my feet in. Actually, I never tried them on, and I would be surprise if these would fit me ! I'm too much afraid to be desapointed forever =P

May we know what's the design you picked and can we count on a reveal thread ? (we love reveals in here !!! hehe :heart: )

Vodkaine, you should definitely try on the Pigalle - I would say I have a wide foot so I was concerned they wouldn't work for me, but they do!

I am a UK 16 and I find that I have to do different things to different styles of CLs to make them work best from a comfort perspective. That and the Pigalle example hopefully shows that it's really more about the style of shoe than it is about size.