Odd Gucci online purchase exchange situation

Hi,

I've ended up in a rather odd situation.

Me and my wife is soon going on a trip to England and as a surprise I ordered here a purse from Gucci's online store to be delivered to our destination prior to our arrival. I felt entirely sure about the model and color that she wanted (she has mentioned it for a long time so I really thought/think she would love this gift) so I went ahead with my plans. However, yesterday she says "perhaps the other color would be nicer..". She didn't sound sure about it though. If she would like another color one could just exchange this in a store of course. However, when we arrive it will have been 15 days since the purse was delivered and I understand that Gucci has got a 14 day return/exchange policy.. :sad:

Does anyone have any input on what to do here? Do you think in this rather "special" situation Gucci would be able to extend the return/exchange time for another couple of days? Of course she might want the purse that is waiting for her, but it would be nice to be able to switch color if she wants to.

Thanks!

I believe they will understand your situation. Happened to me in another country where I basically asked the hotel to send back the parcel to the shop without opening it in order to keep my return policy. And when i arrived i just went to the shop.
I suggest to speak to the manager and clearly save his contact in case. Best of luck

They won't let me speak to the manager of the store.. The person I talked to say that they "might" make an exception and that I just have to try my luck. What kind of a policy is that? Sounds very weird to me - I think I'm gonna call another Gucci store.

But of course they don't keep these purses (Leather Soho Disco) in their shop.. Hopefully, another one keep it in their stock and that they might be flexible. What a potential mess. I just hope that she wants the color I picked :smile:

As far as you have someone name to refer to, it will be great help when you go to the shop.
Regardless of the colour am sure your wife will be very happy! Lovely surprise

OK. Last bit of advice needed. I called around to the shops in London. And it seems none have the bag in stock with the color that she MIGHT want to exchange to. The nice sales person I spoke to said that they could not make a straight out return, but would offer an exchange for something else they have in the store and since none of the stores carry this bag this does not seem to be an option. Now to the million dollar question: Should I spoil the surprise and outright ask her? Just bring up the subject again about the color? Or should I go with the color she has been speaking about for a long time (last night was the first time she mentioned another color)? When she mentioned another color than black, I said something along the lines of "you know black is more flexible etc etc." and she actually agreed but you never know. Last option would of course be to do as was mentioned, to have the hotel return the parcel for a straight refund.. However, that is the least appealing to me.. I am thankful for all thoughts. :hrmm: