October wedding in Malibu; what to wear?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. My sister in-law is getting married in early October this year in Malibu. I have no idea what to wear, as I live in NY and styles are so different. Her wedding is small (85 people) with the bride wearing a vintage flowey hippi-chic dress and the groom wearing more traditional garb. Here is a dress I was looking at; what do you think? Any suggestions I would soo appreciate it!

If you like the dress, what color assessories?

V0476038437284_v1_m56577569831210125.jpg
  2. Hello Becca,

I LOVE that dress! but it totally depends on your body shape & colouring if its right for you. (for example, I'm very 'hourglassey' so a top cut that high makes me look like I've go just the one boob, albeit one huge 'mono-boob' that goes across the length of my chest!& lots of double chins and my skin is slightly sallow so I have to wear warm colours to lift it)

If that all works then I would go with softly metallic accessories in silver or pewter. Nothing too 'labelly' as its a very classic, simple dress so you don't want to overwhelm it.
    If you want to tie it into the weddding more, how about having some flowers in your hair? A nice Hawaiian hibiscus or an orchid?

3. Ooh, that sound lovely! Thank you for the feedback!

4. no problem at all Becca :flowers:

If you want more specific help, just let me know I'll get hunting!

And don't forget to post pictures! :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice