October handbags

Aug 13, 2014
Lots of ladies are featuring pink handbags and SLGs during Oct to recognize Breast Cancer Awareness month.
I just switched into a Brahmin satchel in Fuschia (that's the way they spell it).
Don't know if I'll use pink handbags every day, but I will wear them very often in Oct.

Anyone else?

Reactions: RuedeNesle
I don't have a pink bag anymore, darn. I had a hot pink Coach bag, but sold it a few years ago and never got another pink bag. I think the closest I could do is the Dooney Sawyer in Bordeaux! Gee, I haven't changed my bag in months!

I don't have a pink bag anymore, darn. I had a hot pink Coach bag, but sold it a few years ago and never got another pink bag. I think the closest I could do is the Dooney Sawyer in Bordeaux! Gee, I haven't changed my bag in months!
Time to change your handbag.
And you can add pink any where to your outfit.... even if only you know it's there. :smile:

Time to change your handbag.
And you can add pink any where to your outfit.... even if only you know it's there. :smile:
I'm gonna have to look in my fall/winter clothes, got to have something pink! Haven't switched my closet over yet, but it's almost time. I saw a cute meme today that is pretty descriptive of many of us:

It's almost time to put away my black summer clothes and bring out my black fall clothes. :lol:

Every October I try to accessorize my (usually red) bag with a Breast Cancer Awareness charm. I used to buy one every year from Coach because the proceeds went to breast cancer research. I didn't see it the last two years. But I look for other sellers who also donate the profit from the sale to breast cancer research.
Every day throughout the year I "click to give" on the breastcancetsite.greatergood.com Each click helps toward providing free mammograms. And if you want to shop on the site you can usually find vendors who donate their profits during October. I've been clicking daily for over 12 years.

I'm gonna have to look in my fall/winter clothes, got to have something pink! Haven't switched my closet over yet, but it's almost time. I saw a cute meme today that is pretty descriptive of many of us:

It's almost time to put away my black summer clothes and bring out my black fall clothes. :lol:
CatePNW: sounds like a true NYer speaking.
And that is why we need a wardrobe of black handbags and black shoes too!

Every October I try to accessorize my (usually red) bag with a Breast Cancer Awareness charm. I used to buy one every year from Coach because the proceeds went to breast cancer research. I didn't see it the last two years. But I look for other sellers who also donate the profit from the sale to breast cancer research.
Every day throughout the year I "click to give" on the breastcancetsite.greatergood.com Each click helps toward providing free mammograms. And if you want to shop on the site you can usually find vendors who donate their profits during October. I've been clicking daily for over 12 years.
RN: it's so important to support worthwhile organizations all year long. Good for you!
It's an important reminder to all of us.

I view the 'pink for October' focus as a way to increase awareness.... maybe it will help
ladies remember to schedule their mammograms or remind a friend or family member, or others to contribute when they can...
or just offer moral support or assistance to someone in need.