October 2020 DES Experience - View Plastic Surgery

evive700

Oct 15, 2020
Hi everyone, it is my first time posting on Purseforum although I have been reading so many threads about plastic surgery in Korea for the past few months. I finally decided to end up going to Korea during COVID-19 mainly because I do not see the mandatory government quarantine ending any time soon. Since April 2020, I have been in constant communication with various clinics regarding multiple surgeries. A major issue I had was with my eyes since they have started looking extremely uneven over the years. My right eyelid had so many unnecessary extra folds, causing discomfort while blinking. Honestly, it also made me look older than I actually am. In regards to my left eyelid, there was no visible crease. It kind of looked super hollow and had extra fat, causing droopiness. My second problem was with dark circles and extreme hollowness of the undereye. I have done fillers once before in the U.S., and was okay with the results. Since I wanted a more permanent solution, I was interested in lower blepharoplasty. Overall, I wanted to go with a more refreshing look to the eyes and ended up going with View Plastic Surgery.

Why I chose View:
As I mentioned above, I was talking to various clinics i.e. Uvom, Cinderella, Marble, and Opera. The reason I chose to go with an in-person consultation with View was because I liked how thorough and responsive they were through Kakao. The pricing was also not ridiculous which is important to me, as a foreigner. They also never suggested that I get unnecessary procedures, which is something that I appreciated.

Consultation:
Consultation went exactly as I pictured. My doctor did not speak English, so there was a translator present as well. The doctor looked at my eyes from all angles and did some sort of test by examining the eyelid crease/fold. She told the translator her recommendation which I was fine with. She took her time with me and answered all of my questions and concerns. She also recommended filling in the nasolabial fold, which would also benefit my overall look. I did not realize how bad my folds were, but they have been prevalent since my teen years. Furthermore, the doctor advised against any undereye procedure (filler, undereye fat repositioning, lower blepharoplasty) because I have thin skin. I was kind of disappointed with this since these are literally all of the possible options to deal with undereye darkness, folds, and creasing. I did not want to argue with the doctor but I was really upset with this outcome. In the end, I ended up visiting View Dermatology, who was able to provide me with filler that lasts 2-3 years. I am happy with the results, despite minor bruising that I am experiencing at the moment.

Surgery Day:
Come to the clinic in a fasted state. They take you to change into surgery garment and then into the operating room. After laying down on their table, they then strap your arms and legs so that movement is limited. The eyelid surgery is done under local anesthesia so that during the procedure, you are able to follow doctor's guidelines to "look up" "look down" or even "close eyes". This is necessary so that the creases and fat removal can be done accurately. The local anesthesia experience was way different from general anesthesia. I did feel pain during the surgery, but most people do not feel anything. It was overall extremely uncomfortable and I was glad that it was over.

Post Op:
View gave me icepacks & pumpkin juice to reduce swelling. I was also given ointment to apply to my stitches and a week's worth of medicine to take daily.

Post Op Experience:
SO MUCH SWELLING! The eyelid was swollen due to the stitches. My stitches did not hurt, but my eyes felt immense pressure everyday. Stitches are removed after one week. I did my best to walk around, drink pumpkin juice and water, and sleep at an elevated angle. I believe icing helps initially, but after a few days swelling will be residual and come down naturally.

One week later:
Stitches finally came off. This part did not hurt at all -- I felt great as they were being removed, thus relieving my eye of a lot of pressure. I am still really swollen and am happy with overall results - but final results will not appear for some time.

Please message or comment if I can help anyone out. I recommend View and would come back for future procedures. I think their Before & After on Instagram is impressive. The doctor was patient, kind, and professional so I trust her judgment. Everyone in the clinic from the nurses, English translators, and doctors were very nice and helpful.

Thank you for a detailed review. I am waiting for the government to lift the quarantine. And it seems I am loosing patience as I am not sure when will the quarantine over... During the 2 wks quarantine, do we must stay in the hotel? Is it any hotel or it must be under government's supervision at certain location?

Hi everyone, it is my first time posting on Purseforum although I have been reading so many threads about plastic surgery in Korea for the past few months. I finally decided to end up going to Korea during COVID-19 mainly because I do not see the mandatory government quarantine ending any time soon.

Thank you for a detailed review. I am waiting for the government to lift the quarantine. And it seems I am loosing patience as I am not sure when will the quarantine over... During the 2 wks quarantine, do we must stay in the hotel? Is it any hotel or it must be under government's supervision at certain location?
that what i wanna know too and what if we bring a friend does they charge per head? or they will separate us in different room?

that what i wanna know too and what if we bring a friend does they charge per head? or they will separate us in different room?

You can find a lot of videos on people's experience quarantining on youtube, and also some posts on reddit about it, but the charge is per person and varies depending on what hotel/location you get assigned to. If you don't have a family member there or a permanent residence in Korea, you will be assigned to a government location. You cannot quarantine at an airbnb, and you do not get to choose which location you stay at. You can stay in the same room if you tell them beforehand I believe (or at least you can if you're a family/couple, not sure if they will allow it for just a friend, but I don't think it'll make a difference), but after you go into your room for quarantine, you won't be able to come out. So your friend won't be able to use her own room, you'll be required to stay in that single room for the 2 weeks. You'll still be charged the same amount, ~1.5k-2k per person.

Hi everyone, it is my first time posting on Purseforum although I have been reading so many threads about plastic surgery in Korea for the past few months. I finally decided to end up going to Korea during COVID-19 mainly because I do not see the mandatory government quarantine ending any time soon. Since April 2020, I have been in constant communication with various clinics regarding multiple surgeries. A major issue I had was with my eyes since they have started looking extremely uneven over the years. My right eyelid had so many unnecessary extra folds, causing discomfort while blinking. Honestly, it also made me look older than I actually am. In regards to my left eyelid, there was no visible crease. It kind of looked super hollow and had extra fat, causing droopiness. My second problem was with dark circles and extreme hollowness of the undereye. I have done fillers once before in the U.S., and was okay with the results. Since I wanted a more permanent solution, I was interested in lower blepharoplasty. Overall, I wanted to go with a more refreshing look to the eyes and ended up going with View Plastic Surgery.

Why I chose View:
As I mentioned above, I was talking to various clinics i.e. Uvom, Cinderella, Marble, and Opera. The reason I chose to go with an in-person consultation with View was because I liked how thorough and responsive they were through Kakao. The pricing was also not ridiculous which is important to me, as a foreigner. They also never suggested that I get unnecessary procedures, which is something that I appreciated.

Consultation:
Consultation went exactly as I pictured. My doctor did not speak English, so there was a translator present as well. The doctor looked at my eyes from all angles and did some sort of test by examining the eyelid crease/fold. She told the translator her recommendation which I was fine with. She took her time with me and answered all of my questions and concerns. She also recommended filling in the nasolabial fold, which would also benefit my overall look. I did not realize how bad my folds were, but they have been prevalent since my teen years. Furthermore, the doctor advised against any undereye procedure (filler, undereye fat repositioning, lower blepharoplasty) because I have thin skin. I was kind of disappointed with this since these are literally all of the possible options to deal with undereye darkness, folds, and creasing. I did not want to argue with the doctor but I was really upset with this outcome. In the end, I ended up visiting View Dermatology, who was able to provide me with filler that lasts 2-3 years. I am happy with the results, despite minor bruising that I am experiencing at the moment.

Surgery Day:
Come to the clinic in a fasted state. They take you to change into surgery garment and then into the operating room. After laying down on their table, they then strap your arms and legs so that movement is limited. The eyelid surgery is done under local anesthesia so that during the procedure, you are able to follow doctor's guidelines to "look up" "look down" or even "close eyes". This is necessary so that the creases and fat removal can be done accurately. The local anesthesia experience was way different from general anesthesia. I did feel pain during the surgery, but most people do not feel anything. It was overall extremely uncomfortable and I was glad that it was over.

Post Op:
View gave me icepacks & pumpkin juice to reduce swelling. I was also given ointment to apply to my stitches and a week's worth of medicine to take daily.

Post Op Experience:
SO MUCH SWELLING! The eyelid was swollen due to the stitches. My stitches did not hurt, but my eyes felt immense pressure everyday. Stitches are removed after one week. I did my best to walk around, drink pumpkin juice and water, and sleep at an elevated angle. I believe icing helps initially, but after a few days swelling will be residual and come down naturally.

One week later:
Stitches finally came off. This part did not hurt at all -- I felt great as they were being removed, thus relieving my eye of a lot of pressure. I am still really swollen and am happy with overall results - but final results will not appear for some time.

Please message or comment if I can help anyone out. I recommend View and would come back for future procedures. I think their Before & After on Instagram is impressive. The doctor was patient, kind, and professional so I trust her judgment. Everyone in the clinic from the nurses, English translators, and doctors were very nice and helpful.
hi! which doctor did your DES at View? did you end up doing something about the nasolabial folds?

You can find a lot of videos on people's experience quarantining on youtube, and also some posts on reddit about it, but the charge is per person and varies depending on what hotel/location you get assigned to. If you don't have a family member there or a permanent residence in Korea, you will be assigned to a government location. You cannot quarantine at an airbnb, and you do not get to choose which location you stay at. You can stay in the same room if you tell them beforehand I believe (or at least you can if you're a family/couple, not sure if they will allow it for just a friend, but I don't think it'll make a difference), but after you go into your room for quarantine, you won't be able to come out. So your friend won't be able to use her own room, you'll be required to stay in that single room for the 2 weeks. You'll still be charged the same amount, ~1.5k-2k per person.

I watched a few videos on YT and they mentioned I needed a reason to come to Korea. What do I say? Plastic Surgery?

Why I chose View:

Consultation:

Surgery Day:

Post Op:

Post Op Experience:

One week later: