Ocean City, NJ?

A fun OC thing to do...get up early and rent a surrey on the boardwalk. I think you can only ride until 10 or 11 am. Surreys are these two to six seater contraptions with an awning top and several sets of pedals. Kids love this and you can get a little workout in too. Ride all the way to the southern end of the boardwalk if you can and there are two restaurants down there that make the best homemade doughnuts in the world...fresh from the oven. Tough to find a decent restaurant in OC that is not touristy or fast food oriented, esp. on the boardwalk. The Culinary Garden is a nicer place but I urge you to make reservations and eat early if at all possible. Also do not miss Kohr's frozen custard on the boardwalk..an OC staple.

Guess where I go every AUGUST?
Ocean City is only an hour from me.GREAT beaches.great boardwalk....we veg on the beach all day.then eat MAC AND MANCOS FAMOUS pizza on the boardwalk..LOL
Its a great place to chill...LMK when u will be there...Im there all the time...the last 2 weeks in August always.

WOW! Thanks so much Jill, I will definitly head over to Mac and Mancos pizza!! thanks so much! We're going in July, so ill miss you :crybaby:

DO you get a timeshare type thing or do you stay at a hotel or motel.. I think we're staying at Oceanic

There is really no great places to stay in OC unless you rent a house or condo. We always liked the condos at the Garden's Plaza..they are at the far south of the boardwalk and they have a large outdoor pool/deck. Pricey...but good location.

There is really no great places to stay in OC unless you rent a house or condo. We always liked the condos at the Garden's Plaza..they are at the far south of the boardwalk and they have a large outdoor pool/deck. Pricey...but good location.

I agree, last time I was there the prices for renting condos and houses were a bit pricey and some of the houses we saw were NOT impressive at all... so we just decided to stay at a hotel...

Thats one of the things that amazes me, those places are hopping in the summer, but during all the other seasons, it doesnt seem like theres much going on.. thats why theres not too much maintanence of the residential homes or even the homes to rent...