Obsessive compulsive disorder...

sylvia191919

Oct 21, 2008
Hi Ladies - i know this is a strange post. I just wanted to know whether I was the only one suffering from the same disorder.

I recently purchased my first Bbag.... 09 Black City RH. The problem is.... the smell of the brass hardware that lingers on my fingers when I open/close the bag.

I've only had the bag for a month.... does the smell of the brass hardware lessen?

If not.... I might have to part with the RH and go for the GSH.

Thanks ladies!!

I never noticed any smell on my RH 06, 07 and 08 bags. Am very interested in hearing if others have? Hope it doesn't bother you so much that you'll part with her! Besides the smell, do you love the bag?

I don't think RH smells at all.. could be wrong though. Are you sure it's not the smell of the leather that is bothering you? Wow, you must be pretty sensitive to smells if it is in fact the hardware that you are smelling!

I hope you are able to overcome this!

This is new to me. I've never notice any smell! I can sometimes tell the smell from specific colour of that season when it's brand new, but never the hardware. :huh:

OCD, yes I've got it. I actually like it because it helps me get stuff done. Woo-hoo. I probably wouldn't like it if I had the type of OCD that made me wash my hands over and over, that would be hard. CHronic sinus infections mess with my sense of smell. It's almost a blessing because smells freak my mind. I'm so grateful that I haven't noticed the brass smell.

Looks like the OCD is a small minority! Thank god most you ladies can't smell it.
I think it's because I don't touch "coins" or brass "keys". My keys are done in the finished material so it doesn't bother me. With coins.... well I carry my wetwipes and use dettol after handling them.

After reading the Thread from kirsten it appears the only solution is to use my dettol solution. I've also tried to leave my zipper open so i don't have to keep opening/closing the bag.

kirsten: thanks for posting the Thread. :tup:

For the rest of you beautiful ladies, what would I do with out you all?

So, you ladies have helped me decide on keeping my 09 Black City RH. I am totally pining for a Midday GSH (Praline or Charbon) now!!

Much love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :heart: