obsessing over bluebell blue lily

CPrincessUK

Caribbean Princess
O.G.
Jul 7, 2011
Ladies
I am at it again. After swearing I would never purchase another lily again as I had problems with the chain handles on my black buffalo shine reg lily and medium black nickel lily, I am back to being in love with these bags. My reg lily was so perfect when I was on holiday and it is the best size little bag I own (way more useful than my chanel mini and lv eva)
I am now obsessing over the bluebell blue. I am not able to get to a shop to see the colour. I have seen a few pics here. I wondered if anyone could share more detailed LARGE pics/modelling pics. Also do you think it will go in sale? I am not paying £750 for a lily!!!

I haven't seen her irl, CP, but I can imagine that the colour is very "you" and, probably being a seasonal colour, will go in the sale. I love the regular Lily - I agree that she is a fabulous little bag - although I keep being tempted by the medium Lily in deer brown, or similar. I don't think I could wear the bluebell shade in the larger size, but I'm pretty sure you could pull off the colour in any style!

I hope someone has more "hands-on" advice, dear CP! Fingers crossed you get one!

I've seen it, it's lovely, it's a very bright blue. Much much brighter than slate. I would hold out for the sale.. I'm sure it will be reduced not being a core colour, and I can't see it being carried over to autumn/winter..

I adored this colour on the lily when it was first released, almost pulled the trigger before managing to convince myself that I really didn't need or could justify another lily! I agree with you on the price - way too much for such a small bag! I hope you can nab it in the sales!

I haven't seen her irl, CP, but I can imagine that the colour is very "you" and, probably being a seasonal colour, will go in the sale. I love the regular Lily - I agree that she is a fabulous little bag - although I keep being tempted by the medium Lily in deer brown, or similar. I don't think I could wear the bluebell shade in the larger size, but I'm pretty sure you could pull off the colour in any style!

I hope someone has more "hands-on" advice, dear CP! Fingers crossed you get one!

Thanks Mayfly. I have already decided to move on one of my bags. But I dont want to make an impulse purchase (much harder to do now give the prices). I am happy to hold out for the sale. I do think from photos that the colour is me. Possibly a little brighter than electric blue but on a small bag should be ok.

I've seen it, it's lovely, it's a very bright blue. Much much brighter than slate. I would hold out for the sale.. I'm sure it will be reduced not being a core colour, and I can't see it being carried over to autumn/winter..
Thanks daisyw. I really do hope it goes into the sale so I can snap it up.

Wayyyyyyyy too bright for me I prefer the muted slate
hehehe. muted slate is too mute for my skin tone. Like Lupita I can handle BRIGHT BRIGHT colours.:graucho:

I've seen it IRL and it is a lovely shade, kind of a bright cobalt blue.
thank you Debbie C. I love cobalt blue. I even printed a copy of my PhD thesis and got it hard bound in that colour (and purple as well!)

I adored this colour on the lily when it was first released, almost pulled the trigger before managing to convince myself that I really didn't need or could justify another lily! I agree with you on the price - way too much for such a small bag! I hope you can nab it in the sales!
I hope I can get one too tm3. The first lily I bought was either £495 or £595 I can't be certain unless I check the receipt and this was back in autumn 2011!!!! Price rises have been crazy!

sorry honey - only just seen this.

The bluebell is hands down my favourite colour that Mulberry have ever made.

I have a picture of the Suffolk in this colour in the suffolk thread - the colour is incredible.

Our local Bentalls has the bluebell in the Lily and its gorgeous. I wouldn't hesitate but I would also wonder if it will go on sale in just a few weeks ;) !!!

sorry honey - only just seen this.

The bluebell is hands down my favourite colour that Mulberry have ever made.

I have a picture of the Suffolk in this colour in the suffolk thread - the colour is incredible.

Our local Bentalls has the bluebell in the Lily and its gorgeous. I wouldn't hesitate but I would also wonder if it will go on sale in just a few weeks ;) !!!
oooh thanks Chloe Babe. I shall have to go and look.
Would you let me know if lily goes on sale at your local Bentalls? And whether they would do a postal order?

Ladies

I am at it again. After swearing I would never purchase another lily again as I had problems with the chain handles on my black buffalo shine reg lily and medium black nickel lily, I am back to being in love with these bags. My reg lily was so perfect when I was on holiday and it is the best size little bag I own (way more useful than my chanel mini and lv eva)

I am now obsessing over the bluebell blue. I am not able to get to a shop to see the colour. I have seen a few pics here. I wondered if anyone could share more detailed LARGE pics/modelling pics. Also do you think it will go in sale? I am not paying £750 for a lily!!!

It is a lovely colour. I've seen it IRL and it's an amazing colour but sorry I don't have photos. I think it's lighter but brighter than electric blue but I've never seen electric blue IRL. I've only seen it with gold hardware and think it'd look better with nickel but not sure whether that exists. (Which is odd as all the other bluebell blue styles seem to have nickel hardware).

It looks like a gorgeous pop of colour CP but I'd wait for the sale in a couple of weeks too. I managed to get my heather lily for half price at Selfridges sale last year.

I was tempted by it too but worry I'd get bored of it after a while, so I'm just going to admire it from afar.