Obsessed With The Silver Prada Gaufre Messenger

Feb 11, 2006
Hi everyone. I'm normally hanging out in the Balenciaga or Chanel forums but recently I have become obsessed with Gaufre's :heart:. For the last few weeks, all I can think about is the silver messenger (the one Cougess has). I just got back from NM and saw it in person and it's outrageously gorgeous.

I want, I NEED, but something is holding me back.

So my question is - how do you feel about silver bags? Will it be a classic Prada that will stand the test of time or is it a one season wonder?

What do you think?

Thanks!

Hmmm...if you are hesitating, maybe that's saying something. But...if you really love it...and it wouldn't stop you from getting another bag you might fall in love with, go for it!

For myself, personally I'm not a fan of metallic bags...and wouldn't consider spending that much on one - but that is just my opinion for my own collection!

Bisbee

O what a question! I must have seen and tried that bag 50 times because it's just SOOO beautful! BUT, I knew from day one that as much as I appreciate the beauty of the silver messenger, I just don't do metallic (and I really wanted a black gauffre).

Amyway, I think both the style and color will stand the test of time. I think metallics have really become mainstream and I love it against a simple or classic outfit... but not what I, personally would want to wear jumping in and out of subways, running around the city.

OK, I'm not helping!! I love that bag and I do think it's timeless -- it's just not practical for me!

I love my silver gaufre bowler. :heart::heart: Gets lot of attention from the SA's at NM and Saks bc those stores never carried it. My 2 cents is that so far the silver color is holding up well - no signs of wear. If you want silver, I would get the silver bowler - its easier to use bc it was handles. :tup:

I have the messenger in the NATURAL color leather.Im not a fan of metallics so I cant say I love it.BUT if U LOVE it..GO FOR IT.I also have the bowler(In black)..I like Cougess..Prefer the bowler OVER the messenger style..EASIER to use.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Minette - lol...I can relate. The interesting thing is that I'm don't consider myself a "metallic" kind of girl. I do have a LV silver miroir speedy but to me, that bag is more a work of art than an actual "use" bag.

I just keep seeing myself wearing that damn silver messenger with jeans, a black turtleneck, 3/4 length walking coat and boots..(how dumb is that)

Cougess and Jill - it's funny. I love the bowler in pictures and on other women. But it's just not my style. I'm def more of a messenger girl.

Anyhow - if anyone has any more thoughts on the bag, post away!

This is an older thread but I am loving the silver gauffre too! After seeing it on Sandra Bullock I say go for it! I love metallics but have never found just the perfect metallic bag for me.

I also had LV miroirs and even tho I am normally loving a blingy item, they just werent me. I think the gauffre is a great choice.

I should have checked back sooner...the Prada forum is an expensive place to visit - lol

YES...I did buy it :smile:...and I'm so happy I did...It's a work of art...

So if anyone is considering it, got get it on Bluefly...it's a give away price!!!
I would return the one you have and get it from Bluefly. With the addl 15% off you would save almost $800.