Obsessed with finding a buddha necklace!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Please help me! I do not want alex and ani or pandora charm! I'm trying to locate a full body laughing buddha on a short (not double wrap) necklace. I'd love a white agate, bone, mother of pearl, blue lapis or black onyx or maybe even a stone. A silver chain or beaded is fine. Any online boutiques that someone here can recommend? Most places I tried carry only buddha heads on double wraps and they look like plastic from a craft store. Also much harder to find necklaces. Bracelets are quite common. Thanks so much!!

Just to make a distinction that's nitpicky, but I feel it has to be said: that's not Buddha or a Buddha at all. The "laughing Buddha" we're so used to seeing is actually a Chinese god of fertility that also has similarities to Santa. At least that's what I'm told lol

I agree to try local Asian jewelry stores, especially ones that have estate (I.e. older pieces). You should be able to find them in jade, mother of pearl, agate, and more.

restricter - Yes, that is a beauty from Temple St. Clair! Just a little above my budget!

I've been scouring jewelry and accessories boutiques across the country. I found a woman that is a vendor to some fabulous boutiques and she is making me a custom buddha to my exact specifications. I'm delighted.

I have a Buddha charm on my Links of London bracelet - this could be put on to a chain?

ttp://www.linksoflondon.com/gb-en/online-shop/women/charms/all/545-laughing-buddha-charm

Just to make a distinction that's nitpicky, but I feel it has to be said: that's not Buddha or a Buddha at all. The "laughing Buddha" we're so used to seeing is actually a Chinese god of fertility that also has similarities to Santa. At least that's what I'm told lol

Actually, if we are being nitpicky, this is also wrong. The "laughing Buddha" is a figure known as Budai or "hemp bag", who was an eccentric Chan (Zen) monk who carried a large bag around with him (hence his name). He is not *the* Buddha, but he is usually regarded as a previous incarnation of the Buddha of the Future, Maitreya. You are right in that he is a figure conceptually similar to Santa, but he is NOT a fertility god.