Oak or Chocolate? Roxanne/Bayswater?

umbriel

O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
Hi ladies, I'm really new to Mulberry. Wasn't into this brand until I saw a friend's Bayswater collection, they seem so yummy!:yes:

Anyhu, I'm tempted to get a Roxanne and a Bayswater (maybe not together but let's see). I really like Oak colour but at the same time considering I might need a bit of varieties so Chocolate seems a choice as well.

My question is, which combo do you think is more practical/nicer? Choc Roxanne + Oak Bayswater or Oak Roxanne + Choc Bayswater?

Thank you for your opinion!:nuts:

hmm, I love Oak so I would say Oak Roxy and Oak Bays, lol. I love my Oak bays so much that I am seriously thinking of Rehoming my Choc Bays.

Have you been to a Mulberry store to have a try on?

Hi and welcome, they are both lovely choices :smile: I would really recommend you taking both for a test drive if you haven't tried your friends ones on for size, just to get an idea for weight on the shoulder, fit and whether they suit your style so to speak.

I agree with Flossie that oak in Bays is stunning.

However would point out any of the oak bags are prone to rain damage, collonilling is a must to protect them but even then wouldn't recommend taking oak out in heavy rain (just in case).

Also go check out the clasps on each, bays postman lock can be fidgety at times, haven't any experience with a normal roxanne so couldn't say how easy it is to get into this bag.

Defintely worth trying them both out - try each with a coat on and without a coat to see if they fit over the shoulder well.

Oak is gorgeous but best in settled weather, chocolate and black can be used in all weather but once again Collonil for best protection.

Its a toughy but I would say if you are adament that you want a Roxanne and a Bays in different colours that I would go for (and have) Chocolate Roxanne and Oak Bays!

Oak Bays is, in my opinion, the absolute classic Mulberry and can be smart or casual and gets better with age.

To be different my vote would be choc bays & oak roxy. Because bays is a smarter bag, the choc looks very chic to me. The rox is more casual so seems better suited to oak & will look good when worn in. Just my opinion......let us know what you decide! :flowers:

To be different my vote would be choc bays & oak roxy. Because bays is a smarter bag, the choc looks very chic to me. The rox is more casual so seems better suited to oak & will look good when worn in. Just my opinion......let us know what you decide! :flowers:

I agree - Oak Roxanne, Chocolate Bayswater :tup:

Yup I agree with Ali-Bagpuss, an Oak Bays is just THE Mulberry Bag and gets better and better - mine comes with me to Sainsburys as for some reason I always see oak as more casual. I would go for Oak Bays and Choc Bays but only because the Roxanne is too heavy for me! Whatever you decide will be a great combo with such classic bags :drool:

Ladies thank you all so much!!!

I was originally thinking of an Oak Roxy and a Choc Bays, cuz I've seen a beautiful Roxy in person and was instantly hooked. But on the other hand, I believe Bays have metal studs at the bottom while Roxies don't, so maybe it's wiser to choose choc on the Roxy since it's more prone to get dirty, I tend to leave my bags on the floor sometimes btw(I know it's a terrible habit!).

I've been to Mulberry stores (went with the friend I mentioned above cuz she's a Mulberry addict!) and I was at some point considering the purple patent Bayswater, it is lovely but I was so fearing it would get scratched easily since I'm not a very careful person in general. To me darwin leather seem to “age well” so I guess that'd be my choice.

May I ask how can I Collonil the bags?

umbriel i have your problem!! except i Know defo i want a black or choco bayswater - i'm on the same wavelength as Blueberry that Bays is a smarter bag - so i'm planning to use her for work poss when i graduate BUT hold it bays come in GORG colours and leathers, just check travel bunnys patent blue :drool: and a lady on here has a leapard bays WELL LUSH!! so there's more variety there.

plus i'm also umming and erring about oak or chocolate roxanne - it's my tagname so oaks in my heart but the choc turns my head aswell!! hmmm overall... oak roxanne / choc bays - there the colours i think i'll end up with xx