Oak Bayswater.... To keep or not to keep!

Donna.west44

Aug 19, 2012
Ladies I have a dilemma and need some expert opinions, i got an oak bays last summer when i used it i was a bit disappointed in how soft the bag was.

I think the problem is my other bays is a flame on grainy leather so much more sturdy.
If my oak was as sturdy id love her so much more so i dont know if i should keep oak or sell for something else in same colour way but more structured??

Ladies I have a dilemma and need some expert opinions, i got an oak bays last summer when i used it i was a bit disappointed in how soft the bag was.

I think the problem is my other bays is a flame on grainy leather so much more sturdy.
If my oak was as sturdy id love her so much more so i dont know if i should keep oak or sell for something else in same colour way but more structured??
Me think you need a printed Bays, they hold up very well. I do not own one myself but would love one as they look AMAZING! :biggrin:

I'm having a very similar debate... I have a rouge noir pebbled bays and she 'puddles' when not stuffed... considering selling her,too...

I'd say sell her.. I know she's a classic but if you're not loving the softness and slouch then get something that is a little more structured... As Baginuse says, the printed bays is a beuty!

Baginuse said:
Me think you need a printed Bays, they hold up very well. I do not own one myself but would love one as they look AMAZING! :biggrin:

Kingla said:
I'm having a very similar debate... I have a rouge noir pebbled bays and she 'puddles' when not stuffed... considering selling her,too...

I'd say sell her.. I know she's a classic but if you're not loving the softness and slouch then get something that is a little more structured... As Baginuse says, the printed bays is a beuty!

Thanks ladies, i did think about the printed but the only thing that stopped me was did the printed leather stop it going with certain things??
I got my oak bays to go with summer dresses and sun dresses as it is neutral and plain and just wasnt convinced the printed went so well with those type of outfits....

Donna.west44 said:
Thanks ladies, i did think about the printed but the only thing that stopped me was did the printed leather stop it going with certain things??
I got my oak bays to go with summer dresses and sun dresses as it is neutral and plain and just wasnt convinced the printed went so well with those type of outfits....

I love printed in oak but I sold my black printed east west for the normal NVT one. I did feel printed felt too formal but this was black printed.

My oak is not too slouchy but I use a bag liner and base shaper in my Bayswater.

Oak is my least used as weather is so terrible but she does get more use in summer and whenever I do use her it is love!

I would keep her.

CPrincessUK said:
I love printed in oak but I sold my black printed east west for the normal NVT one. I did feel printed felt too formal but this was black printed.

My oak is not too slouchy but I use a bag liner and base shaper in my Bayswater.

Oak is my least used as weather is so terrible but she does get more use in summer and whenever I do use her it is love!

I would keep her.

Designpurchaser said:
I've got the Bays tote in Oak and it's very sturdy if that helps :biggrin:

Should also say I have used it very day since I got it.

You know DP that is quite a good idea. Maybe the oak bays tote would work better for OP?

But everyone needs a bit of classic oak in their collection!

CPrincessUK said:
You know DP that is quite a good idea. Maybe the oak bays tote would work better for OP?

But everyone needs a bit of classic oak in their collection!

That is a really good idea thanks ladies, i also might get a bag insert and liner and see if oak bays gets a bit sturdier because CP you are sooooo right, we all need a bit of oak in our lives! :smile:

I say sell and buy something sparkly! Hahaha ok maybe not sparkly but definitely something that makes your heart skip a beat when you see her.. Life is too short to have a bag you think you should have but don't really love!

:smile:

Hummmmn - it is all very well having a little Oak in one's collection (and that is a good point of course!) - BUT - I distinctly get the feeling that you are not liking slouchy, puddly - and some of the oak leathers do this unfortunately - my lovely old Antique Roxy for example.....and it's a bit like marmite - you either love unstructured or you don't.....and I think this may be as valid a reason enough to sell her on and find something that holds her shape a little better, as the lovely ladies here have already suggested....x

My sister has just posted off my oak bays which I've sold on eBay. As much as I love the look of it, it turned out to be my least used bag as the size and fear of the weather mean I've only used it a few times.

I would rather sell on and buy something I both love and will use more often!

On that note, I may have bought something in oak to replace her...

laura81 said:
My sister has just posted off my oak bays which I've sold on eBay. As much as I love the look of it, it turned out to be my least used bag as the size and fear of the weather mean I've only used it a few times.

Roxaholic said:
Hummmmn - it is all very well having a little Oak in one's collection (and that is a good point of course!) - BUT - I distinctly get the feeling that you are not liking slouchy, puddly - and some of the oak leathers do this unfortunately - my lovely old Antique Roxy for example.....and it's a bit like marmite - you either love unstructured or you don't.....and I think this may be as valid a reason enough to sell her on and find something that holds her shape a little better, as the lovely ladies here have already suggested....x

beaver232 said:
Hear! Hear! Notsonew2 ! Xx

new2mulbs said:
I say sell and buy something sparkly! Hahaha ok maybe not sparkly but definitely something that makes your heart skip a beat when you see her.. Life is too short to have a bag you think you should have but don't really love!

:smile:

Thanks everyone i think i will sell the oak bays and list on ebay tomorrow as in the 6 mnoths ove had it ii dont use it as much as my others because its too slouchy so guess im best to sell it that whilst its in perfect condition....then i can buy something in oak thats more study, i like a bag i can carry in the crook of my arm does anyone have any recommendations?? :smile:

laura81 said:

What have you bought?! :smile: wonder if its similar to what caught my eye also in oak!