Oak bag dilemma.. again! Help!

sugarspice

Jun 22, 2008
Guys I seriously dont know what my problem is! I have got 8 mulberries now:

Phoebe :Oak, Chocolate, Olive
Soho : Chocolate, Chalk
Bayswater: Chocolate
Hanover & Langham: Oak (diff colour from the darwin oak)

love all of them but one!

My collection is complete and I do not plan to get any more bags but ive started considering exchanging my oak phoebe... for an oak phoebe!!!!

Yes I know its odd... read on!

So I had the oak annie and kept saying I would love it when it darkened but I didnt! So I sold it on ebay for a loss but had no regrets as the shape was all wrong for me! I then bought an Oak Phoebe (from bicester £297) to replace this but something is still annoying me!

- Im wondering if having three bags in the same shape (phoebe) means I will get sick of the other two (choc and olive that I love)
- Im wondering if shade of darwin in oak is what I just dont like as i didnt like the annie in oak and I want this one to darken (I want it to be something like 5 shades darker, a tan colour... the colour you get after 3-5 years of use!!)
- Im wondering if I should have got an oak bays instead or a rosemary/blenhiem or an effie so that I have variety...

So I have been considering buying a used phoebe from ebay as it would have darkened and would be cheaper but am annoyed with myself as selling my brand new phoebe from bicester means ill have to take a loss (+ listing fees) and I could have bought a darkened one from ebay much cheaper in the first place!!

I do love the shape of the phoebe.. should I just be patient and darken it myself or sell my new one and buy a used one (which will end up costing me the same for a used bag after ive paid listing fees and sold the new one for less than I bought it!!) wish the outlets would do refunds...

What should I do?

I know Flossie i just dont understand why they dont do refunds... maybe I should send it back and sell the outlet vouchers on ebay...:shrugs:

I just find it so hard to grab the oak phoebe when I have all the other bags that I absolutely love! It feels wrong to have it sitting there if im unsure..

I have to say I would personally KEEP your Phoebe.

I don't think that you would be able to get one much cheaper on eBay anyway. The only ones I have seen on there have been new too.

I think that you should use Phoebe a lot and see how you go - if you sell it now and then can't get a replacement you will regret it.

(Now if it was your Langham - then that would be a different story because I'd have it!!!!!! - I love that bag!)

sSgarspice can I ask when you got ur Oak Pheobe? I have been pestering the outlets but they haven't had any in for a while and I NEED one! :wtf:

As for ur dilema, my only suggestion is to use, use, use her! I'm amazed at how quickly my bays has darkened since April, I have used her loads and she's so dark compared to my 18 month old Roxy who hasn't been out and about anywhere near as much.

Alibagpuss, your right there normally are new phoebes on ebay that go for about £250-£300 but there are old battered ones on there that would go cheaper.. awh ill keep a look out for the langham for you though, i hope you get one soon.. try the outlets as well. they had one a few months ago so they might be getting more!

Cat UK..do you want my phoebe!?!! I have the receipt and I bought it from Bicester only two months ago.. been sitting in its dustbag ever since:shrugs:

sSgarspice can I ask when you got ur Oak Pheobe? I have been pestering the outlets but they haven't had any in for a while and I NEED one! :wtf:

As for ur dilema, my only suggestion is to use, use, use her! I'm amazed at how quickly my bays has darkened since April, I have used her loads and she's so dark compared to my 18 month old Roxy who hasn't been out and about anywhere near as much.

Sugar and Cat You better discuss that through PM otherwise you may be 'told off' by a MOD!

Thanks Sugar about the Langham. I'll have to check out the outlets. I keep checking on eBay too.

I saw the Phoebes you posted on the Authenticate This thread and they both look good so hopefully you will get what you want.

I now am going to stick my nose out and ask, are you bored?
Thats usually when one gets those ideas of selling a bag you already have for another in the same style. It is not the bag itself you want rather the feeling of buying a new bag....hope I didn't offenden anyone just my thoughts on the subject.

I think you should keep the Phoebe, just take her out in bad weather and use her a lot and then you get her to look old fast

I LOVE my battered Oak Roxy and I want my Oak Bays to look the same. However, different to you - I don't want my Oak Phoebe to get battered and old. I like her looking all pristine and new, and I don't want her to get marked really.

It was nice to be able to take Oak Roxy out in the terrible rain today and not have to worry about her, she's very fast become a favourite.

Must say sugarspice you want your oak bags to look old and used so you need to USE your phoebe. I wouldn't sell a new phoebe for a loss to buy an old one. Just force yourself to use the one you've got!!! Could you lend her to a friend to 'age' her for you???

hehe! yes maybe I am bored! I feel like I should never have bought a new one in the first place and should just have got an old one off ebay.

heres what ill do. ill sell her for how much i got her and then buy a battered one if i can get it a lot cheaper! Ill be happy then!