Travel Oahu!

tokyogirl

Keanu!
O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
Am trying to plan a 3 family vacation in Oahu for end of July, and would love to rent a house close to the beach/away from the crowds. Seeking something in the higher-end (DH is somewhat picky about accommodation)

I would be grateful if you could share some recommendations on some good rental brokers/websites!!!

Thank you!

Last edited:
I just saw on recent news about the volcanic fog thats an issue and saw pics of it casting a haze over Oahu which is where I'm going in a couple of weeks... do you think Oahu is going to get really affected or? How is it right now in Oahu? Thanks in advance! :sad:

In the past two weeks we were actually more affected than the Big Island of Hawaii due to our trade winds. It looked like LA, lol. If you have asthma or breathing problems you may be affected. Personally for me when it was at its worst my throat was itchy/scratchy and so were my eyes. This week has been very beautiful, bright clear blue skies but everything is dependent on the Volcano and the trade winds which change day be day.

Am trying to plan a 3 family vacation in Oahu for end of July, and would love to rent a house close to the beach/away from the crowds. Seeking something in the higher-end (DH is somewhat picky about accommodation)

I would be grateful if you could share some recommendations on some good rental brokers/websites!!!

Thank you!

Let me know if that worked for you. I am going for 3 weeks in July and we are staying at a nice rental home in Oahu. I'll find out who they went through to get it. It is a 3 story home, and there are several families going.

Let me know if that worked for you. I am going for 3 weeks in July and we are staying at a nice rental home in Oahu. I'll find out who they went through to get it. It is a 3 story home, and there are several families going.

I have checked out the website and it does list a nice, variety of homes! Thanks again, tw1n8ngel!

3 story home sounds nice and big (oohhh, maybe it's one of those homes where it's oceanside?)

I will be in hawaii for 17 days and I am so excited. My plans were to beach it, shop, and see Pearl Harbor.

Now that my son cannot go, I am now going to be my husband's sightseeing buddy....

We plan on going to Maui for a couple of days, and other islands too, but really, I am only wanting to shop and hang on the beach and my husband is NOT A BEACH BUM so he won't want to hang there.

My question is, where in Oahu is some good shopping and what do the other islands offer?

Hi there. What a nice trip, 17 days!:woohoo: On Oahu, best place to shop is Ala Moana Shopping Center; you have everything there, boutiques, dept stores, restaurants, a spa (Aveda), etc...
http://www.alamoanacenter.com/
Also you have the high-end boutiques on 2100 Kalakaua Ave. such as Chanel, Gucci, YSL...
http://2100kalakaua.com/
If go down a little more (towards the beach), there's Vuitton and DFS Galleria (Duty-Free); at the Galleria, you have a house multi floor section the public can shop for souvenirs (you might be better off trying to bargain the many little carts, stores, throughout Waikiki), accessories, cosmetics (MAC, Stila, ...) and other stuff w/o tax. It could already be added to prices but when i go back home i shop there myself & the prices seem good.:confused1:

Last edited:
What the other Islands offer, I like Maui. You have Haleakala where you can go to watch the sunrise or sunset, there's a bike ride you can do coming down from the crater, (not sure if this is still available) but horse back riding within the crater. Then there's is also the Hana Highway a long, narrow, curvy old scenic hwy, Seven Sacred Pools, Iao Needle, whale watching...
Oahu- besides shopping:P, you can drive around the island (i also recommend driving the H3 hwy going Windward, it's very scenic!); Some places to stop over at: Makapu'u (very scenic), the Dole Pineapple Plantation, North Shore (stop & get some great shave ice at Matsumoto's!), and the yummy fresh food stands along the way (fresh fruits- you must try apple banana's!, prawns...), there's so much more i can't think!:Push:
The Big Island- Kilauea volcano and the park within that area. I love staying at the Volcano House. http://www.volcanohousehotel.com/
There's so much more i can't think of right now but i'm sure some knowledgeable TPFer's will def give you some great info & tips!!
Here's a site for you to do more research: http://www.gohawaii.com/