:o( The Sun is Setting on My HG...Help!!!

Mono Riveting: Sell or Keep?

• Sell It! It's not doing you any good just sitting in your closet!

• Keep It! Eventually you'll get stronger and have nice arm/shoulder muscles! lol

Results are only viewable after voting.

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
Not too long ago I was able to purchase one of my Holy Grail bags. The gorgeous Monogram Riveting bag. It's physically perfect. No flaws and a great patina. Not super dark…just a nice tan. Well, I carried her for almost two weeks non-stop and then switched. Everyday when I'd take her off my shoulder it would be sore! And while out shopping I'd often have to shift her from arm to arm. And now every time I take her out to carry her again, I start thinking about the weight. So I just admire her for a bit then put her back in the dustbag and then back in the box.

So now I have a dilemma. I am a firm believer in using bags. But I think I'm more in love with the fact that I own her than actually carrying her. I keep going back and forth about whether or not I should sell her? I'd hate to give her up and then regret it but I just don't know. I've never owned a bag this expensive. I come from very humble beginnings and I think maybe part of it is I never imagined being able to afford a bag like this? To tell you the truth I'm head over heels for my soufflots. They are the perfect size, I have great colors, they are perfect and comfortable as hand-carry or shoulder. I plan on getting some more colors in '08. Today I was mentally going through my bag collection (last day before a week's vacation and they think I'm really going to work?) and if I had to get rid of all of them I'd keep the soufflots. So part of me says how could I miss a bag I never carry? The other part says I should keep it and it may grow on me….or just carry it every now and then (but then I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth). So I'm torn…what should I do? Sell or keep?? :shrugs:

I agree with everyone so far! Sell it! It's such a shame though because it's such a gorgeous bag!!!! I never thought it'd be that heavy tbh. No point keeping it if it's hurting you.

I understand your heartache over this as this is a stunning bag, but it isn't stunning when you cannot use it, KWIM? So I would suggest selling it, I agree that it is more fun to use bags than look at them and this will make you more happy in the end. Also this will allow you to find another HG that you can use! Hugs as I know this is a really hard choice.

I have that bag in the noir lambskin and it is heavy, but I still love it and use it often. But if you are not "feeling" it and are not using it, then I suggest selling it and buying something you will use.

I think you should sell it if it actually causing you physical pain!
That's definitely not good.
You'll find another holy grail to strive for that won't hurt you. :smile:

IDK. My Ursula is a pain to hold on to especially out shopping in Orlando, but she gets even more gorgeous everytime I carry her so I just keep her for occasional. I love the Riveting bag. Sell it since you don't wear it at all.