O..M..G..!!! Just got brows threaded.. 1st time...

I totally love threading. It's all I do. There are some sensitive spots but overall it doesn't hurt too much. I take advil before I go which seems to numb the pain.

it hurts the first time or so..esp if yr eyebrows are thick...but after awhile, u really get used to the pain and it hurts less. I dunno about the others, but I find that I don't have to get it done as often anymore, used to do it once every 2 weeks..but now I can go for once a month..there's a stray hair or 2 but those can be easily taken care of.

BTW..u know what really hurts? threading the upper lips!!! Everytime I get my brows done, they ask me if I wanna do my lips too and I just cant go through with it...cause gosh..it hurts like hell. I always tear up. I think its because it's hard to keep the skin in that area taut?!?!
I bet that hurts!! She said the pain will lessen over time!

I went to get my brows waxed for the first time last year and she ended up threading them instead. I would rather get another tattoo then get my brows threaded again.
Haha. I know. i was like this feels like getting a tattoo!! AHH!

where did u get it done? I have always wanted to try it, but never have. I know they have a little place in west county mall, but i'm not sure how good they are..
YES!! Thats where I went. The girl that did mine was really good. Her name is Kristina if you go there Monday thru Friday until 4pm she is really good! Let me know if you go and how you like it!

Why does threading hurt so much?
I dont know!! But I didnt think it would be this painful. I would do it again though bc it does make your brows look better!:wlae:

Ouch!! I think I will stick to my daily Tweezerman routine then.

Me too! I break out from threading and waxing-my tweezers are fine by me.

it hurts the first time or so..esp if yr eyebrows are thick...but after awhile, u really get used to the pain and it hurts less. I dunno about the others, but I find that I don't have to get it done as often anymore, used to do it once every 2 weeks..but now I can go for once a month..there's a stray hair or 2 but those can be easily taken care of.

BTW..u know what really hurts? threading the upper lips!!! Everytime I get my brows done, they ask me if I wanna do my lips too and I just cant go through with it...cause gosh..it hurts like hell. I always tear up. I think its because it's hard to keep the skin in that area taut?!?!

I have really thick eyebrows and I was pleased how quickly threading was. I thought it was a different sensation than waxing but I'm not sure which hurt more. I really liked the way threading looked though and my skin didn't feel rubbery.

I did my eyebrows and lips, but because of the irritation that persisted a week I just stick to tweezing now. Takes up more time, but still looks nice and far less pain.

Question... what is a perk of getting threading done vs waxing??

I think it's a preference really. Some say waxing hurts more and some say threading. Threading is quicker than waxing and gives great results and is usually cheaper.

Some people that can't wax can thread without irritation and some can't do either (like me :tdown:)

^ Gotcha. When I waxed the first few times my skin was SO red... like embarrassing red. But now it is no big deal at all and I don't find it to be painful anymore. Just wondered! Thanks!

...how does the swelling compare to waxing? I had my upper and lower brow areas waxed awhile back and the swelling was so bad I had to wear my sunnies 24/7 for a few days...in December!

I used to get threading done. It is so painful that I couldn't handle it anymore. I now get waxed and must say it is much less painful.

Threading does do a really neat job and shapes the brows beautifully, but I can't deal with the pain.

^ Gotcha. When I waxed the first few times my skin was SO red... like embarrassing red. But now it is no big deal at all and I don't find it to be painful anymore. Just wondered! Thanks!

Yeah I didn't find waxing too painful after a while but suddenly the breakouts would last over a week so I finally had to drop it all together. Now I need a new way to manage my dirty stache :graucho: I'll probably keep tweezing the eyebrows and laser off the upper lip area.

I think threading is comparable in pain, but feels like more because it's done in the same area over and over unlike waxing which is one swift rip.