O How I Wish I'd Turned The Lights On...

OK....

So there I was last night - nipped up to my office to check emails before I went to bed which was all very well, but I'm one of those people who walks through the house with the lights off because I think I know where Im going...

I'm coming back downstairs and lost my presence of mind, misjudged the last stair and over the old ankle goes and I'm lying on the floor hollering in pain.....

IT HURT A LOT..... Air was pretty blue with the swearing I can tell ya.... Poor hubby din't know what to do - bless him...

Ankle now resembles a balloon - spent two hours in the ER this morning and find I've torn all the ligaments in my ankle - I'm on crutches and looking at a 6 week recovery period.....

I feel such an IDIOT - cannot believe I've done this to myself...:cursing:

Anyone got any tips on how I can make it better quicker???

Shheeeeesh - how I wish I'd turned on the danged lights....:shrugs:

OUCH! I did something like that to my ankle years ago, and the only thing that really helped the swelling was to keep it raised whenever possible.

I hope you make a fast recovery!

Cx

I've had to wear crutches for 6 weeks twice in the past 18 months. One consolation might be the need to buy a shoulder bag or messenger bag to carry while you're on crutches. :smile:
Seriously, it can be a real nuisance. I hope you feel better soon.

Your poor ankle! Put some ice on it!

My mom has nightlights in various parts of the house. She was staying in a hotel when my brother was on his 'college tour' and she got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. She didn't turn on the light and while she was walking there, her foot got tangled in the blanket and she tripped, slamming her nose against the dresser and breaking it.

^ OUCH!!

shiiiiit.. ok well i heard propping it higher than your heart when your laying down helps- but that could be an old wives tail not to sure.

yikes ! that really bites ...I have had ankle issues for years so I literally feel your pain! It's a good time to catch up on your reading .... if it's any consolation !:smile: