Nylon Packable Tote - How to Clean

Aug 3, 2008
I think the Burberry Buckleigh tote is pretty popular because it's stylish, relatively affordable (for a Burberry) and efficient so a ton of people seem to have it and rave about it. I totally agree with everyone loving it. But mine's got stains on it now. :sad:

Does anyone have recommendations what's good to use for getting out stains on these things?

OVincze

Oct 8, 2010
I would take it to Burberry and have it sent in for cleaning. I do not think it is worth messing around with expensive bags at home, what if it gets ruined?

Aug 3, 2008
I didn't realize anyone would read my post. I ended up tossing it in the wash. (Yah, my heart kinda stop too.) But it feels like one of my snowboarding jacket material so I read the instruction on how to wash that.

I put it in those net bag that's used to hold bras and pantyhose to wash so it doesn't snag on anything. Gentle cycle (about 5 minutes) w/ the baby's detergent. I think it's call All: Free and Clean, in a white bottle. Took it out and hung it to dry indoors. I did wipe the leather part dry before hanging it to dry. There's a finish on the leather so the wash didn't do anything to it at all.

Oh my gosh, it came out perfect! I am more in love with this bag now than before, now that I know I can just toss it in the wash without damage. I'm kicking myself now for not taking before pictures.

hautedog!

May 22, 2010
Awesome..I would have been so scared to toss it in the washer..Make sure you let the leather dry out thoroughly (or you will have mold growing on it in a month or 2) and re-moisturize the leather with a good leather conditioner.

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
Nov 29, 2010
DCA via the DMV via NGA
Thanks for sharing this OP. I just bought this bag in white and when purchasing, I asked the SA if it could be washed. She mentioned the leather and suggested not washing it. I told her I thought it could be washed but she was skeptical. My reasoning was that, like the Longchamp Le Pliage bag, this could equally get a quick wash and be okay.

I am glad to know that per your experience, I was correct. =)