Nylon City - Yay, or Nay?

The price was my biggest thought on it. $1835 for nylon? I don't think so!

Yes! I have some nylon bags, but none of them come close to that price tag. So, I am not necessarily averse to nylon handbags (I know some people are), but the price is steep! For that price, the nylon better be virtually indestructible! I'd think some people would still hesitate to pay that much even if it were though :lol:

I guess if it was super durable nylon - it would be a nice change to not have to be so careful with my Bals!
The black on black does look pretty bad a@# on the bag, but I would have to see it IRL to really know if it's for me. Oh yeah, and it would have to be quite a bit cheaper than that of course :P

I am not sure if anyone created a thread for this already (I did a search for threads and none came up, but if there's already one, please feel free to merge :smile:).

I have a friend who told me she saw a nylon City online. I got curious, and did a search on NM.

Thoughts?

Maybe it's just me being my old ornery self, but for me leather is intrinsic to the Balenciaga ethos.

My first thought was NOOOooooooooo!!! before clicking on the link .. It looks super puffy and I like my City slouchy but I kinda like the black on black, could be rubber studs?

Nay!

AW took a bag that's become a classic because of it's leather, and made a nylon version... wow..
<insert hysterical laughter here>

My first thought was NOOOooooooooo!!! before clicking on the link .. It looks super puffy and I like my City slouchy but I kinda like the black on black, could be rubber studs?

When I used the close-up/magnifying functionality on the NM website (just hover over the image), it seemed to be rubber studs to me. I could be wrong though. :biggrin:

Maybe it's just me being my old ornery self, but for me leather is intrinsic to the Balenciaga ethos.

Nay!

AW took a bag that's become a classic because of it's leather, and made a nylon version... wow..
<insert hysterical laughter here>

:giggles: I can certainly see where you and Fim are coming from, BPC. I do like some nylon bags, but I was quite jarred by the thought of a Bal City in nylon. The main attraction of Bals, other than the options with the colors, would indeed be the leather.

If they really wanted to experiment, I think it would have been much better if they at least lowered the price for nylon. Prada has some models that also have both leather and nylon versions, but the nylon versions are significantly cheaper for that particular model (example would be gaufre).

Am I the only one that's actually glad that they didn't lower the price for this nylon version? that makes it an exclusive collectible LE bag. I don't want to be walking on the street and bump into bunch of cheap nylon city (horror). Oh classic should remain classic

Am I the only one that's actually glad that they didn't lower the price for this nylon version? that makes it an exclusive collectible LE bag. I don't want to be walking on the street and bump into bunch of nylon city (horror). Oh classic should remain classic

It's very possible :graucho: I'm just kidding, of course. You make a good point regarding that, though I would personally not be too keen on paying that much for a nylon handbag, LE or not. I'm not sure if they're aiming to make this just LE either. :thinking: It might be more palatable if it is LE.

:giggles: I can certainly see where you and Fim are coming from, BPC. I do like some nylon bags, but I was quite jarred by the thought of a Bal City in nylon. The main attraction of Bals, other than the options with the colors, would indeed be the leather.

If they really wanted to experiment, I think it would have been much better if they at least lowered the price for nylon. Prada has some models that also have both leather and nylon versions, but the nylon versions are significantly cheaper for that particular model (example would be gaufre).

Maice, you know I'm looking for a nylon or canvas bag myself right now.. but this, this is just an abomination..lol..
If he wanted to experiment, create a new bag all together. I mean that's what he's been doing anyway..

Maice, you know I'm looking for a nylon or canvas bag myself right now.. but this, this is just an abomination..lol..
If he wanted to experiment, create a new bag all together. I mean that's what he's been doing anyway..

Hahaha!!! I was just going to point that out to you too... but then I realized this was probably NOT what you had in mind :graucho:

Hahaha!!! I was just going to point that out to you too... but then I realized this was probably NOT what you had in mind :graucho:

oh god no...lol.
But I remember you had said that Prada's Nylon bags were still good quality, so I'm looking into them.

(thanks for the recommendation).

Oh, it's over here too!

Yes, it does look to be rubberized hardware. The strap has the rh hardware though, or at least the back of the hardware appears to be uncoated. I love the rubber studs, but this bag feels like a half-@$$&#281;d version of an attempt at pop art. I have felt that way about their other rubber stud pieces too (I have 1 TT with those studs). G21 rubber studs now (or even something slightly larger than rh)...Hmmmm....:thinking: Imho if you are going to "go for it", it needs to go to the next level to be sincere and a full vision.