Nylon City - Yay, or Nay?

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
Excellent point, Rainne. A. Wang has big shoes to fill, and he might be thinking (incorrectly) that in order to make his mark, he has to erase that of his predecessor's. NG was credited with bringing Bal back to the forefront, and that alone would be in any successor's mind. I must admit, A. Wang/Bal has been making a lot of questionable moves.
I am thinking it's more a corporate decision than A. Wang's. But, who knows. I am sure this has been posted here before but:

Balenciaga sues ex-creative director Nicolas Ghesquière for $9.2M in damages after he accused the label of 'sucking him dry'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-accused-label-sucking-dry.html#ixzz36vMuY4SC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2411784/Balenciaga-sues-ex-creative-director-Nicolas-Ghesqui-9-2M-accused-label-sucking-dry.html

shopboy

O.G.
Aug 24, 2007
Sg
Did anyone remember the floral collection from Spring 2008? I'm not sure if it was silk or nylon but I think it wasn't very popular too at that time.

shopboy

O.G.
Aug 24, 2007
Sg
Though I love Bal's classic leather but I like varieties too so I'm actually quite ok with this except for the ridiculous pricing.

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I'm wondering what they're doing with the "Le Dix" bags.

Was in a Bal outlet not too long ago and thought I'd see some but nope, not there.
Are they just burning them? lol..
All comments posted about this were cracking me up. I'd buy one - at 90% off! :P.

BDgirl

May 12, 2010
La La Land
Call me weird but i quite like it. I guess it will look probably look more interesting with an all black hardware and a little bit of sheen on the nylon. This reminds me of chanel's coco cocoon which is pretty popular back in the days. It feels very luxurious. But they need to add something like a little removable pouch etc to be charging us that much imo.

Attachments