Nylon Bags

collegechic

Mar 21, 2014
I'm interested in getting one of their classic satchels in nylon but one of my fears is that the bottom will drop and it won't hold it's general shape.
Any ideas on a liner to keep the base of the bag from falling?

I want to buy it but because its on the bay I can't return and I hate not being able to do so. Also I'm afraid if I buy it dooney is going to come out with a classic fabric satchel in a color I like more. I'm just trying to fill the gap in my purse heart while I wait for their AWL satchel to come back in stock.

I make my own base shapers by taking flexible chopping mats and cutting them to fit the bottom of my bag and slipping it in. I have done this for the majority of my Dooney and Bourke Nylon bags (4 out of the 6 nylon ones I own) and haven't had a problem with the bottom losing its shape.

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Check out Pcan beauty's you tube... she demos how to make one :smile: just search dooney o-ring and it should pull her right up

Thanks GG for sending her over to my channel. :smile:

CollegeChic... Here is the link to the video below. I also made another shaper after this video that's a bit thicker. I played around a bit more with the foam board (doesn't add any weight to bag) and it worked fine the second time around. It's an inexpensive way to get the same end result. See pics! Hope you try it and it works for you. :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400298386.924668.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1400298412.131518.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1400298554.748598.jpg

http://youtu.be/u91aNbO7pFA

Last edited:
I watched it and ur latest and they are fabulous. I subscribed. :smile:
One thing I will point out is that the edge of the vachetta is usually called resin, not sealant.

Thanks so much for watching and subscribing! :smile:... Also thanks for informing me of the proper name of the edging. Don't be to hard on me if I forget next time. :smile: