NYers are you staying cooool? 100 + degrees

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. OMG :wtf: I just came from a stroll along the hudson river by the WTC and it is sooo hot, i was melting. Thank gawd i have a very flowy babydoll on... Is everyone staying cool? :supacool: :beach: I am not looking forward to the subway ride home.

2. haha--this is why I've been browsing around the PF a lot today--I'm indoors and don't want to leave my desk and air conditioned room!!!!

3. D&G excuse my ignorance but the subway has no A/C? I've never been to NYC so dumb here :smile: As for me, I'm in the NEast too. For once I'm glad to be @ work in the freezing A/C! My house looks like a morgue as I shut all the shades and turned the A/C on high. Hopefully it works and keeps the house cool!

4. Its a HOT mess out there, I had to go 30 blocks for a meeting i happily jumped into a cab, only to find out his AC wasn't working !!! :nuts:

5. The subway has AC, ...sometimes you might hop on a train car that doesn't,but it's the subway platform that does not..:wtf: and it's like a suana down there!!!!!

My work AC isn't strong enough to combat the heat, but it's still tolerable :smile:

6. I've been staying indoors all day so the heat hasn't gotten to me yet. I was outside this morning and it was awefully hot.

7. It's no better in North Carolina today, in spite of what the weather.com map shows. We're at 96 with a heat index of 104 degrees!! :yucky:

Geez, I miss living in the mountains!:crybaby:

8. The platform doesn't have A/C? I'd die! In DC the Metro (subway) platform has A/C but they've sent out a notice that the trains are running late and crowded b/c of the heat - ewww.

9. it's boiling out there. just came back from doctor's appt. the sun actually hurts my skin!! :nuts:

10. I went out twice to walk the puppy and couldnt stand it..its horrible out...

11. It has finally cooled down in parts of Southern California!!! Still a bit hot (in the car) but DEFINITELY waaaaay better now~ Woohoo!!:yahoo:

12. It is brutal! I went out a couple of times but prefer to stay in w/ my a/c cranking. Thank God my kids went to a waterpark today w/ their camp.

13. 102 with an heat index of 112 in sub. Chicago!

14. Staying the AC for me, its 48C which is about 118 F.:nuts: is all i can say.
    The minute i walk outside my glasses fog up:hysteric: its sohumid out there.

15. I'm in indiana...around 98 with a heat index of 105 or so. Walked from one end of campus to the other today (and Notre dame is small) and was sweating!
    Went out onto my 4-season patio (forgot to turn the AC on out there) and my glasses completely fogged up!

Ewwww....I left California to escape the heaT!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice