NYC trip report and REVEAL!

vivelebag

O.G.
Oct 29, 2013
I went on a mission for a classic flap before the price increase. First stop was the Soho boutique. Nothing. They did have a gorgeous black lamb quilting enchained for $7900 though. Wow! Should have taken a picture. Saw some pieces from the Dallas collection and they actually weren't as bad as the pictures we all laughed at. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398621385.568194.jpg

Next stop was Bloomies. Utter chaos. They had a nice mahogany-colored caviar 227 reissue with GHW but it was, how do I put it, not in pristine condition. I was sad to pass on it and part of me regrets not buying it. A couple of beige lambs were there also (m/l and jumbo) which I love from afar but seem too delicate for my lifestyle. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398622029.896961.jpg

Last stop was Madison about 2 hours before closing. Compared to Bloomies you could hear a pin drop. Alas, no classics.

But then a shiny little bluebird caught my eye. Mini, you are mine!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398622985.346018.jpg

Open open!

PS so pre-fall shipments have arrived?

They were displayed on mannequins and on shelves in the back. She said if I saw anything I liked to put my name on the list, so it sounds like they are there for preview, not for sale yet, but I didn't ask.

The owl bag (saddle bag) is still really weird looking. The SA believes it will be a huge hit. Really!?!