NYC Tax For Chanel Bag

djswin91

On the LV PROWL <3
Mar 24, 2011
Hello!

I am in the process of saving up for my first Chanel bag and I was wondering how much tax is applied to the classic flap. I am thinking of purchasing the M/L black classic flap in Caviar and it's priced at $5,800. Any tips are much appreciated :smile:

Hello!

I am in the process of saving up for my first Chanel bag and I was wondering how much tax is applied to the classic flap. I am thinking of purchasing the M/L black classic flap in Caviar and it's priced at $5,800. Any tips are much appreciated :smile:
NYS tax is ~9% so a decent amount. If you're near Philly, the tax is only 6%.

You might consider going to Saks in Greenwich, CT. I preordered my 21C mini there instead of the midtown location and I think I saved about $100 in taxes? The CT sales tax is 6.35%. However, they have very limited selections as it is a small store.

You might consider going to Saks in Greenwich, CT. I preordered my 21C mini there instead of the midtown location and I think I saved about $100 in taxes? The CT sales tax is 6.35%. However, they have very limited selections as it is a small store.

Wow, that's quite a difference. How was your experience shopping in Saks in comparison to the Chanel boutique?

Wow, that's quite a difference. How was your experience shopping in Saks in comparison to the Chanel boutique?
Not much difference except this one was much smaller (it's 1 level in a corner of Sak's) so they don't have a wide selection. The SAs there generally seem helpful whenever I stop by. I try to go to this location when possible because it's much closer to me and I save $! :smile: Hope this helps!

To OP, you can visit the boutique in nyc and let them ship your order to you. You won’t have your Chanel with you immediately, but as far as I know, that way it will charge sales tax based on your shipping address. If your home is located in a 0% sales tax state like Oregon, you won’t need to pay anything extra.